Strange issues with Signal

ppumkin

Registered
Hi everyone.

I recently bought a DM800hd and had put 2 LNB 13,28 with DiSEqC.
My dish is like a 60x70cm offset.

Now I focused the dish on 13e to get best signal (it took me days to get it right) and the dreambox satfinder shows 0% signal but single transponders I can get up to 85%
I can normally watch 13e channels (but not all of them/some HD do not work 0% snr)

Well I thought the box was a bit bust so i got a Vu+ UNO - plugged it all in and 13e still shows 0% but transponders have variosu from 40% to 80%?

28e has only 30%(cause i did not fine tune it yet) but I can watch all the channels! Some SKY are glitchy but I can watch BBC HD on 20% signal and it is not glitchy all.

Nevermind. What is the problem- Am i still focused on the wrong SAT. I know 16e has some 13e channels on them? Is there any way I can get the SAT ID /STREAM ID (like on original skyboxes) in Black Hole Satfinder or something?

I use ALPS UNIVERSAL LNB LO:9.75/10.60GHz 0.3db - They apparently are better than the £3 jobbies of ebay? and fit better on my multi lnb bracket better anyway.

What do I need to do to set the dish up correctly pointin to 13e? I mean 28e i just plonk the lnb in the closest "region" it should be as offset and I get single straight away.

Any advice?

rizwanawan

Registered
Its also better you update your satellite.xml file first, may be some transponder changed their properties.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Agree i think your using old scanning details.

Follow rizwanawan advice use a new sat.xml

You can make one for your needs here

http://satellites-xml.eu/

Then look at alignment if still the same and also LNB scew.

mans PX?

Registered
with your dish size, 13E + 28E hmmm
I use 115 cm dish to get god signal (+in raining days) 13E+28E (West Latvia)

ppumkin

Registered
The problem turned out to be the default transponder that satfinder tried to get signal from.

So obviosly when you first open satfinder it has some predefined transponder. OK - Like mentioned that muyst have changed and shows 0% - This does not mean it is Average! I thought it was doing an average!

OK- So I use lyngsat and found a few transponder I was interested in. And yes they showed up OK. So I made sure on SD and HD I could focus the best signal. About 70% using my original Polsat dish from Poland (60x70)[I am in Manchester] :] and I get about 80% from 28.2

So I am focused on 13 and 28.2 is offset with bracket. I made a slight curve in the bracket and i got extrra 5% for 28.2

Now in rain, snow or whatever I get very good picutre!

Also it turned out the diseq switch was broken. I have new one and it works good!

It is very difficult for newbie to understand that stupid stafinder. But I understand now that each transponder will always have different strenght and there is no such thing as 100% focus any time at all! You can focus on 1 transponder as best as you can but the others will always be differetn.

I managed to watch HD channels from 28.2 on 30% - So as long as there is not errors and good weather you will get signal. Most important is elevation, azimuth and skew then make sure there is 0 BER. Then you can fine tune to get best signal!

mans PX?

Registered
yes, all LNB who are not in center will loss signal, if you will maintain good signal you need bigger dish :)