Is my Signal okay?

manwithdog

Registered
IMAG0144_zpsdb46496c.jpg

I have a Skybox F5 receiver which I am having some issues with regarding freezing/glitching of the picture on some of the channels. Channels like History HD is one particular bad one.

Is the signal quality good enough?

Could this be a cause of my problems? Aside from blaming the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

manwithdog

Registered
you have got perfect signals.

Thanks for that.

I would of thought that over 90% would be classed more like perfect though? Also I noticed that with the strong winds that we had earlier this afternoon seemed to create more picture breakup, which would say to me that my small old Sky dish is either not quite in good alignment or just not up to scratch!? But hey, I not exactly an expert here. lol.

roony123

Registered
it can be due to your signals as well best way to find out is
open fta channel and the go to lyngsat and check transponder freq
and then put encrypted channel on same freq .if fta works and encrypt dont then u got bad server and if fta also glitches then your dish or signals issue

manwithdog

Registered
it can be due to your signals as well best way to find out is
open fta channel and the go to lyngsat and check transponder freq
and then put encrypted channel on same freq .if fta works and encrypt dont then u got bad server and if fta also glitches then your dish or signals issue

To be honest, I have just tried out a test line with another server and that has come through 99.9% bang on! Nothing like before. So I'm moving servers and I'll leave the dish alone for now.

Thanks. :thum: