Signal Problem

jgar1

Registered
Hi. I've pulled out my old Dreambox DM7000s and put on some new images to try out. I have a problem with getting a signal. I can't seem to get it to lock on to 28.2E. I took it over my dads, tried it into his dish and no problem, it worked straight away. I believe it may be a problem with either my LND or cable however the strange thing is I have no issues with my dish with a original SKY Digital box I get all channels without a problem.

Anyone have an idea what it may be?

Thanks.

mans PX?

Registered
before new images update worked - was signal?
try recreate cable end - what goes in receiver.
and plug in corect receiver port,,LNB in''
The possibility that the cables were entered in receiver ,,LNB out'' port? :D

jgar1

Registered
Never tried at my new address before I updated. It must be 10 years since I used this box. Cable was in correct socket, as I say no problems with this box or image using my dads dish as I tried yesterday, only mine. What I can't understand is why my regular sky receiver works ok with my dish.

jgar1

Registered
Yeah fine. I tried it again today at my mates house. The channels I uploaded to the box all worked fine through his dish. I'm thinking I may need to replace my LNB, just think its a bit strange that everything is fine through my sky box.

mans PX?

Registered
fany is, yesterday night i done small test with opticum, i had similar problem, on couple frequencies - no signal
on different receiver, everything ok
what i done, reinstall firmware, then worked, but after when upload channel list (19e,39e,13e,28e - 450 channels)
then the same problem on fresh firmware.
so deleted all channels, and tested frequence what do not work, what happened, frequence on what was no signal worked.
Ok i using 80 m cable, this can be problem for my reicever, and big channel list.
if you are not using, long cable like i do, then i think lnb is not fault for you problem.
in raining day, do you have signal lose (no signal)? if yes then satellite dish is not perfectly aligned, maybe this is problem no meter if in your sky receiver shows strong signal.

Celtic

Registered
The lnb is the first thing i would try in this situation as its the easist thing to try firstly...then its a case of checking los(line of site) dish/alignment/lnb scew and then finally a test cable.

If you dont have a spare lnb see if your friend or your dad will allow you to use their lnb to eliminate that issue...providing its safe for you to get to both dishes that is.

mans PX?

Registered
i tested different LNB, on many receivers (on old and new), and no problem.
BUT, problems start when you test on 100 m cable + switches.
ooo then not all lnb are good for great results.