Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Equipment

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or slide-in ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

Which dish do I buy?

Satellite Equipment

Old 16-07-2017, 19:15  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,544 Times in 685 Posts
Default Which dish do I buy?

I am now in the market for a new dish and motor / actuator or whatever they are called.

I can't risk going bigger than 1.3 as it might attract the eyes of my local council.

The dish will be on a 3 inch diameter steel pole which will be in the ground set in concrete and attached to 1 or more TK brackets attached to a single storey building. The dish will sit above the line of that building.

Pretty lowish to avoid the worst of the storms but will be just viewable from outside my garden. I will be working on ideas to block the view as much as I can.

Cost is not an issue for the right dish.

Which dish do I get?
Old 16-07-2017, 19:20  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Pick up a cheap 2nd hand Channel Master 1.2, or if you can get away with it, a Gibertini 1.5m ground mounted will give you some welcome rain margin in those winter months.
The Following User Says Thank You to jake For This Useful Post:
RimaNTSS (17-07-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 16-07-2017, 19:25  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I couldn't get away with a 1.5m ground mounted as the wife will attack me.
The Following User Says Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:
el samak (16-07-2017)
Old 16-07-2017, 19:31  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

This comes with a rare CM polar mount:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2m-Chann...kAAOSwlXhZaR5N
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jake For This Useful Post:
dog-man (16-07-2017), el samak (16-07-2017)
Old 16-07-2017, 19:53  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 4,709 Times in 1,311 Posts

channel master is a good idea

or

try to get an laminas 1200 / don t need acuator , works with USALS ...(not heavy)
Old 31-07-2017, 19:27  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

OK, before I make a final decision, I need to ask is a Gibetini (excuse spelling) a better quality dish than a channel master?
I am not too concerned about cost, I want to get something that is as good as I can get.
Old 31-07-2017, 19:53  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I do not know what will happen to Gibertini after 20 years of service, perhaps it will be already scrapped. But I know that 10-20 years old Channel Masters still work same as in the very beginning, and after some washing they even look like new. Where is "la la land"? I could send you used Channel Master.
Old 31-07-2017, 20:00  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

La la land is a very special place which only a few can inhabit.
The Following User Says Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:
el samak (31-07-2017)