Sky UK / Encypted

ravenx30

Registered
Was just wondering on the latest development in this area?

Can we simply not have a box that receives the output from an "official box (with the decryption)" BUT instead of sending the signal to the TV, send it to another box? for example, official box output could be hdmi, put that in the input of the other box then use that to cccam to distribute the decrypted stream? or is that too simple? That way sky (or anyone) could never beat that? (unless every TV company added encryption lol..)

ravenx30

Registered
Still Do not know why we cant just intercept the decrypted signal.. as soon as its decrypted in the box send it to other one.. guessing you calling this J tagging.. but why is that not possible?

bayripper

Registered
uh.....

I think further research on your part is needed my friend to get a better understanding of the technology

BigBurger

Registered
Still Do not know why we cant just intercept the decrypted signal.. as soon as its decrypted in the box send it to other one.. guessing you calling this J tagging.. but why is that not possible?

Like the last guy said, you're asking good but innocent questions. It's clearly the start of the road for you so a lot of learning lies ahead. Good luck and enjoy the journey :)

bigapple

Registered
can some BskyB subscriber confirm that in 2015
there will be card change -> target close access SD channels on non official receivers

what about FTV channels like 4music ?

Sky Italy just started to close down SD channels next BskyB thats why i am asking

trickyd-1

Registered
@bigapple. This is pure speculation but cutting access to the SD channels via card sharing would be the next logical step and you may be right. I cant see a new card alone doing the job though.

I would think that the older receivers will need to be changed because the older ones are susceptible to having their firmware read by Jtag connection and putting the new CI+ key on them could jeopardize the security of the new solution on all boxes.

If I was sky I would give everyone a new HD box which would not only support CI+ securely, it would allow me to use DVB-S2 and H.264 on SD channels and free up space for more HD and UHD channels.

Last edited:

bigapple

Registered
waht bout crypted channels from freesat

like 4 music live liverpool and others available

they will non accessible @ cccam users?

or this is just about premium contend pairing for SD channels?

trickyd-1

Registered
I've no idea really but I would imagine that they could still hand out their new boxes and still enforce the new solution on their premium content whilst leaving the free to view channels alone as demonstrated by the way the HD channels co-existed for a while.

bigapple

Registered
still using FTV card you can open even freeview adult content channels
also
some asian channels content

i can tell you that i knew owners that have cards with
FTV only + BT Sports only nothing more.

worst things in satellite indursty = pairing cards and decoders

freak who created that should be limited himselft to 1 channel only and 1 room for living only and restroom out of home .