Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or slide-in ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

Best Image for ET5000

Clarke Tech Extrend Linux Chat

Old 09-04-2014, 13:54  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Best Image for ET5000

Hello everyone,

I was hoping if someone tried different images for ET5000 and can post the ones that worked nicely for them and explain why

Thanks for your input.
Old 09-04-2014, 16:09  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

satdreamgr image is very nice for me
you can test it
The Following User Says Thank You to smirnof For This Useful Post:
georgeflu (10-04-2014)
Old 10-04-2014, 09:01  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

OpenXTA v2 image!.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:40  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

PLI sure
Old 10-04-2014, 14:33  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Pli is by far the best image I have tried and easiest to use.
Old 16-05-2014, 15:53  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thank you for your input. I will give openpli image a try.
Old 16-05-2014, 19:34  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

there are two ways in et receivers software.
the one is openpli and the other one is o.e alliance.

than there are a lot of images which are based in one of the above. for example the satdreamgr image which is refered above,is openpli based (you can call it pli+) and the openxta image,is o.e alliance based.
Old 20-05-2014, 18:05  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thank you George for your input. I have been trying different images, openPli and openvix are the ones I am currently switching between.

Are there any major differences between the two standard images ? openpli and oe alliance
Old 20-05-2014, 21:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

until at some point there was only the openpli. than some teams decide to make something of their own and drive the development of software with a different way.(so i think there aren't big changes between them). how many and what are these differences i do not know and i can not say, most of them aren't visible. maybe hardware support,maybe something else. both of them are open,and the support is daily. the openvix is a member of o.e alliance.
you can find both teams open code in their git.
as a conclusion i would like to say that i tried all of them (and a few which do not support xtrend any more) in my et9000 and i found all of them very good. the reason for that is the receivers kernel (3.8.7) which helps in support. so the image selection is done at most with what is more practical for everyone.
personaly i am using now satdreamgr image.its a pli based + many tools and plugins which i find useful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to georgeflu For This Useful Post:
fg54 (05-06-2015), smirnof (20-05-2014)