DM800 HD se - Need Help (images, flash etc)

dreamb0x800

Registered
Hi guys.

I have a Dreambox 800HD se which I haven't used in a very long time (over a year) and want to start using again. The box has barely been used ever since I purchased it.

I would like to view IPTV on this box (because I can't use a satellite where I live) so I have a few questions:

- What's the best image to put on the dreambox for IPTV currently?
- What IPTV provider is the best out there? Non-lagging, mostly for watching soccer matches.
- How do I flash images? I'm reading flashing on a USB is better for some reason (more memory).
- Any plugins you would recommend aside from IPTV?

Any help is appreciated. If you've been very helpful I'll send some funds over via Bitcoin.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
OpenPli or OpenATV seem to cope well with IPTV.
Can not recommend a provider as they are paid services and it breaks forum rules.
You can not flash a 800se via usb need to be by browser over Ethernet or via service cable.

The 800 is old and therefore a bit sluggish with IPTV id keep plugins to the minimum.

dreamb0x800

Registered
OpenPli or OpenATV seem to cope well with IPTV.
Can not recommend a provider as they are paid services and it breaks forum rules.
You can not flash a 800se via usb need to be by browser over Ethernet or via service cable.

The 800 is old and therefore a bit sluggish with IPTV id keep plugins to the minimum.

Thank you for the answers.

- I'm guessing flashing this image will do the trick? https://openpli.org/download/dreambox/DM800+SE
- What about unpaid providers / sites which offer demos, are they also against the rules?
- Why do people recommend installing a USB? What's the benefits? Flashing itself will be done with DreamUP I presume? Tested DreamUP and it works
- I'll refrain from plugins then. Any recommendations you have for optimizing the box?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for the answers.

- I'm guessing flashing this image will do the trick? https://openpli.org/download/dreambox/DM800+SE
- What about unpaid providers / sites which offer demos, are they also against the rules?
- Why do people recommend installing a USB? What's the benefits? Flashing itself will be done with DreamUP I presume? Tested DreamUP and it works
- I'll refrain from plugins then. Any recommendations you have for optimizing the box?

The image you link to will be fine on a original box but not a clone.

Usb can be used to expand the flash memory allowing more plugins and things like storage of picons and epg. If its big enough you can even record to it.

Dreamup or best method flashing by browser.

We dont support IPTv from providers demos lead to subscriptions.