Go Back   Sat Universe > New Members Section > Account problems

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Constant ad-blocker notificiation

Account problems

Old 20-10-2018, 14:00  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Default Constant ad-blocker notificiation

Hi,

I have already whitelisted the domain with my adblocker (uBlock Origin) but still, whenever I visit any particular page on here, I am constantly being greeted with the 'looks like you're using an ad-blocker' message. It is incredibly frustrating when I am already seeing the ads, to be reminded to do something which I have already done!

I would even happily pay a fee to not see such nagware.
The Following User Says Thank You to dankargo For This Useful Post:
manic01 (29-10-2018)
Old 22-10-2018, 15:58  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 4,669 Times in 920 Posts

completely deactivate the homepage with strg + click
top of the browser taskbar
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rickk For This Useful Post:
dankargo (01-11-2018), Felli71 (25-10-2018), manic01 (29-10-2018), shishmish (24-10-2018)
Old 29-10-2018, 15:16  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankargo View Post
Hi,

I have already whitelisted the domain with my adblocker (uBlock Origin) but still, whenever I visit any particular page on here, I am constantly being greeted with the 'looks like you're using an ad-blocker' message. It is incredibly frustrating when I am already seeing the ads, to be reminded to do something which I have already done!

I would even happily pay a fee to not see such nagware.
All sites that do this are a PITA; Just disable javascript.

While I can sympathize with site owners, disabling ad-blockers is not always simple. My internet connection does it at DNS level; I can't change that.

If site owners put up their own ads and didn't use syndicated dross then the problem would go away.
The Following User Says Thank You to croque For This Useful Post:
dankargo (01-11-2018)