how to connect external HDD to DVB500hd

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Use Dreambox edit or Dreamset to backup your setting if your lucky enough to be able to FTP in.

Also save the file named settings at /etc/enigma2/ that holds your usuals config etc.

From what your telling me though its a long shot youll be able to login to the image I don't think its going far enough in the boot process.

cilis

Registered
Thanks Ferret much obliged for your advise, will give it a try and keep you posted sahha

cilis

Registered
hi Ferret had to flash from scratch the only prob now is that I cannot install cccam, I intstalled nemesis 2.6.110 tspanel 6.1 downloaded cccam from tspanel and I simply cannot find the folder \var\etc to put the cccam.cfg I only have folders var and etc from root I really cannot understand what's happening :(

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
The ccam.cfg should go in just the /etc folder

cilis

Registered
done and sorted thanks, now will have to play with usals as I never get a good signal after re-flashing started with 35east and already down to 30east will keep playing around but at least working thanks siehbi

cilis

Registered
Ferret bongu any quick tips on setting up USALS ? I am always a bit west on the setting i.e. with fine tune I press 10-20 times east to get a better signal, currently on RAI1 I am getting 45% signal which is normally 80+ once I press finetune 10-20 times east ?
thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
That's not right check your coordinates on dishpointer.com with what your using now.

cilis

Registered
that is what I did and these are the co-ordinates I get
Latitude: 35.8957°

Longitude: 14.4763°

but the Latitude is not correct for sure as I always have to correct it by reducing but I don't recall the exact settings :)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
That could possibly mean the alignment is out then.

cilis

Registered
could be but before I reflashed the first time I had a perfect signal do you think I should sent the motor goto 0 before trying to reset

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You can try it. If it then does not hit the sat correctly coordinates or alignment is out.

cilis

Registered
does it do any damage if instead of moving the USALS or fine tuning I move the dish itself west or east ( from rotatory buttons) to get the best signal ? does it keep the setting then or am I mixing things up :(

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You could not use usual's at all and use diseqc 1.2 but you need to manually search all sat from satfinder plugin on box.

Usuals should work you have a problem somewhere.

cilis

Registered
heqq usuals was working fine before but I had to play around a bit, let me try a bit more before I throw everything out :( thanks for your help mate much appreciated

cilis

Registered
HI Ferret sorted I had to move dish 2deg east from motor to get a perfect signal, I tried telling you yesterday but for some reason I simply could not login yesterday. RE HDD do you think I should try it again is there anything I should do first considering the problem I encountered ?

thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yes mate I would try the Hdd again I can not really see a reason for it been able to corrupt a image, it was probably just coincidental

cilis

Registered
anything I should do before I re-install i.e. reformat or something just to make double sure ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Well you have that hidden partition you must get rid of for your box to use the whole drive.