DM500hd stuck on bootloader

MikeC

Registered
I have a DM500HD stuck on boot i believe. The box is not giving any ip address (switch off hold power button and switch on/ search with an ip scanner on the lan but nothing)so by using dreamup i dont check the box use network. When i press connect and switch on the box it says uploading flash loader it completes the procedure but it stays there and the flash button is grey and cannot be pressed.
Thanks in advance your help is appreciated.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
is it a clone or an original,there is a sunray dreamup for clone HD500 & 800se try that,and there is an how to aswell

MikeC

Registered
I dont know if its a clone or an original. (is there a way to find out?). I saw the tutorial and i did try the sunray flashup but as i said the box doesnt gives me an ip so i dont have a correct/valid ip to put there therefore the procedure stucks at the end saying "uploaded completed, waiting for acknowledge" and the flas button is disable and cannot be pressed.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
if you paid under £200 its probs a clone the originals are over £300 i think,is there any stickers underneath saying ferarri or sim 2.10...? on it.

here is another version for the 800's it should work on the 500 aswell i think,download and inside you will see a folder called different method i use that on my clone 800 that will bring the flash button alive,read the howto in the folder http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=141826

MikeC

Registered
It only worked with the enforcer.exe and using the sunray_flashup.exe the flash button is active i choose an image but it is stuck now saying calculating checksum for ever.
Thanks again for your great help.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
does it go into HTTP or serial mode look on the led screen,if it does,put that ip into your url and flash it with that,if it shows the ip on the led it should flash through internet explorer.
do not insert the power until it says now switch on,then insert the power lead .

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
P.S before you try to flash it make sure you know what it is,if its a clone or an original,if its a clone you need to know if its a ferrari sim or a sim 2.10,because if you flash the wrong image your going to be in the same situation again,take the lid off and look at the sim,and tell us whats on the sim,if it has a sticker on it saying ferrari etc! etc!

ipapa

Registered
Good morning

I'm a friend of MikeC. We are working together on this issue with the DM500HD.
As per you last question dear Brummie the thing is that there is no LED display on the box. We cannot find a way to get the IP. Is there any work around way to do the job without the IP?

PS. We will open the box and check the sim to see what is says.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
can he remember what the ip was last time he flashed it,its usually the same ie 192.168.0.8 and when you take the lid off make sure the tuner is tight give it a little push.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You can normally find all the IP's your router is giving out from your router DHCP table log.

Have a look in there and try all the ip's till you get the flashing firmware page up.

But if you know your router range say 192.168.1 you can choose the IP you want to use when setting up sunray .

Worth a go.

MikeC

Registered
Ok we open it and it is a ferrari sim. The thing is the box doesnt boot at all, and because of that it soesnt gives me an ip. I tried with crossover cable no luck again i tried with 2 ip scanner programs and again nothing.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i have seen people having trouble trying to flash an image using firefox and chrome if you use one of these try internet explorer also make sure the dreambox is connected to the router aswell not wireless,this can stop it flashing aswell.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Try a Ferrari image again with the sunray/enforcer set you tried earlier

MikeC

Registered
I've tried using the tutorial from DMM about setting manualy an ip using HyperTerminal but unfortunately it didnt work again check the image below i highlighted the error. So again i still dont have a correct ip for the box in order to flash an image.

2704114e3bb8e06257c.png

MikeC

Registered
I tried again flashing a ferrari image with the sunray/enforcer with use network enable but it stays at the 2nd step saying

2704114e3bbaba90e29.png

and with use network disabled

2704114e3bbabaa845e.png

guli

Registered
just a thought mate try flashing with dreamup v 1.2.2.0 . if your box is a clone & it sounds like it then this version of dreamup works better with clones . well thats what i have found .

and yes becareful which image you have installed as a clone would only work with patched images . also the patched image has to be compatible to your bootloader .

try the nabilo blackhole image .

Last edited:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
the NO CA ERROR is because you have flashed it with a wrong image /bootloader when you try and flash it try it with just this bootloader first http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=789216&postcount=3 the .nfi one

the settings what your router is giving looks weird,i have never seen that range before its usually 192.168.0.? or 192.168.1.? or 192.168.2.?

have you tired booting your router and is that the normal settings 172.16.0.?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
here is the ferrari version of dreamup from the ferrari team and there #83 just try and flash the bootloader if sucessful it should boot up