reboot safely ?

patch1234

Registered
how do i reboot the dm500hd safely ? im ruuning blackhole 1.3.3.
as last night i press the button on front of box to turn off and on again and everything froze and i just had blackhole logo on screen , couldnt get box to work so dont want this to happen again , i need to know how to reboot safely from using remote control if possible as im not sure how to do it using telnet or dreamedit . thanks

DeXXXteR

Registered
Press long Power button from your remote control to enter in reboot/shutdown menu and you'll see all you need.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If you just wish to reboot or put box into standby then all i do is

Menu-Shutdown and then choose one of the options.

Ferret

patch1234

Registered
thanks . menu , dreamelite shutdown , and if i press restart will this reboot box? thanks
and if i press shutdown or standby are these the same

patch1234

Registered
ive gone into shutdown menu and choose restart , the box turned off then on and has froze on the dreamelite logo on the screen and wont respond to remote , how to i unfreeze the box ? please help im new to this , ive tried turning off and on with switch on rear and have unplugged and put plug back in but still just shows dreamelite logo on screen , please help

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

Your image has crashed. The last thing you did changed a setting installed something would have been the cause of the crash.

You now need to reflash your box.

Ferret

patch1234

Registered
ive got it working again by leaving it for an hour then plugging back in and its back on now , why does it freeze when i try to reboot it and does it still need re-flashing ? if i flash it again will i loose all the channels and any settings i had or not? thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Id reflash it if i were you. It should not freeze doing a simple reboot.

Yes flashing a new image will erase all user data.

You can backup your channel settings with DReambox Edit or Dreamset and any configs can be backed up via FTP with Filezilla, CuteFTP etc.

Ferret

patch1234

Registered
i have come to turn it on again and its frozen again on the dreamelite logo , ive tried unplugging and leaving but wont come on this time , can someone please help , is there a way of booting up from pc , but will need step by step instructions as i havent used telnet before , ive looked on google but still no joy . thanks p.s ive tried to reflash but when i put ip address of box in browser it doesnt find it , thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I would re flash mate, if its not booting properly then its doubtful you'll be able to FTP or telnet to it.

Ferret

patch1234

Registered
reflash with same image dreamelite 1.3.3 ? would i not get the same problem as i have or should things be ok thanks

patch1234

Registered
have reflashed with gemini 5.1 and put cccam 214 on but im only clearing fta channels . i have checked my cline and its ok what can the problem be , i think cccam is running as it says cccam 214 at the bottom of the screen but the channel doesnt clear, please help

patch1234

Registered
when ive checked in cccam server is ok , but when i go into gemini menu and plugins it says "no network connection available . please help thanks

patch1234

Registered
right sorted that problem it was a dhcp problem . now when ive transfered channel list and sat list to box i have all channels on 28e ok but all channels on all other sats are "greyed" out and when selected say service unavailable check tuner config ive even tried scanning sats and it scans ok but still get same msg and then list is grey again , how do i correct this thanks