Octagon SF4008 opinions

Gammal Gubbe

Registered
Well, difficult to answer. The box is cheaper than Vu+ and Dreambox but I miss Power Vu feeds on my box which I had on my old DM 800 HD SE. Sure some people have managed to get it on Octagon aswell with stream relay but I have not succeeded.

Plenty of RAM which is good especially when Kodi arrives (whenever.. they said Easter and now it is soon summer). It is a fast receiver and picture quality is really good. Supports 4K /UHD and DVB-S2X.

There are cheaper receivers out there but all considered and especially when Kodi comes I think the receiver is good value for money.

dxn

Registered
Well, difficult to answer. The box is cheaper than Vu+ and Dreambox but I miss Power Vu feeds on my box which I had on my old DM 800 HD SE. Sure some people have managed to get it on Octagon aswell with stream relay but I have not succeeded.

Plenty of RAM which is good especially when Kodi arrives (whenever.. they said Easter and now it is soon summer). It is a fast receiver and picture quality is really good. Supports 4K /UHD and DVB-S2X.

There are cheaper receivers out there but all considered and especially when Kodi comes I think the receiver is good value for money.

And I add, you can watch multistream packages, t2-MI muxes and BBC's 27,5w without scripts.

The only point I don't like is the powervu feeds that you only can watch with stream relay, whilst other boxes like dreambox or VU, is without stream relay.

Excelent box in my opinion for the price, is very good.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
And I add, you can watch multistream packages, t2-MI muxes and BBC's 27,5w without scripts.

The only point I don't like is the powervu feeds that you only can watch with stream relay, whilst other boxes like dreambox or VU, is without stream relay.

Excelent box in my opinion for the price, is very good.

Vu still needs stream relay to my knowledge.