40.5 W - ESPN Brasil HD - C-Band

candu

I live in Spain and with my 2.4m dish I have not signal on this channels.
Regards

pedro2000uk

Registered
I live in Spain and with my 2.4m dish I have not signal on this channels.
Regards

Can you receive TELESUR ON 4120R 2960- that's a lot easier on DVB-S/QPSK 3/4 FEC & receivable on 1.8m in London.

ESPN Brazil is DVB-S2/8PSK 3/4 so it does need a much bigger dish, it's hard to be 100% sure if some are sent on both east & west, listing sites don't always get it right & satellite co's aren't always too forthcoming with the info.

pedro2000uk

Registered
Hello,
do you receive signal for channel ESPN Brasil HD (40.5 W 3980 L 21600) C-Band in Europe ?

According to http://www.lyngsat.com/tvchannels/us/ESPN-Brasil.html the beam is Hemi but which hemi? The West Hemi (America) or the Est Hemi (Europe) ?

Thanks for your attention!

Just checked the latest c band channel lists for the TM5402 etc.. & it's on there, so it is receivable in London on about 2m+ The DVB-S2/8PSK 3/4 fec will trim the margins a bit but C band reverses that quite a bit too.

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
Can you receive TELESUR ON 4120R 2960- that's a lot easier on DVB-S/QPSK 3/4 FEC & receivable on 1.8m in London.

ESPN Brazil is DVB-S2/8PSK 3/4 so it does need a much bigger dish, it's hard to be 100% sure if some are sent on both east & west, listing sites don't always get it right & satellite co's aren't always too forthcoming with the info.

and yet

candu

Yes for Telesur I have signal. But on ESPN and FOX Sports channels nothing.
I don't know why and I hope one day I get a signal because I want to watch this channels here in Spain.
Regards!

pedro2000uk

Registered
hhmm .. the EIRP is way up at c. 40dBW .. 1m's doable- I just did a quick guesstimate down off a much bigger dish with only a brief passing glance @ 40.5w-..[ shouldn't do that lol ] was working on much harder stuff on other sats.... & a right noise problem with MP masts.

Anyway, so it's definitely on the east hemi too then.... c. 1m.

What's happening in Spain candu? should be even easier there (& Italy)

https://ses-footprint-assets.s3.ama...medium_ses-6_c_band_hemi_beam_east_view_M.jpg

Last edited:

drhans

Registered
There is no East/West beam. It's just one C-Band beam, covering both Europe and America.

ESPN Brazil is weak, but 7.9dB is doable easily on a 2.4m dish, especially in Spain, if not, your dish/LNB needs better alignment.

FOX Sports Brazil is stronger but needs more dB to lock (10.8). Still, must lock on a 2.4m dish in Spain.

kebien

Registered
Not sure somebody mentioned,but this is a CIRCULAR polarization satellite,you either need a dielectric plate or a true circular feedhorn to get full gain on both polarities

pedro2000uk

Registered
There is no East/West beam. It's just one C-Band beam, covering both Europe and America.

ESPN Brazil is weak, but 7.9dB is doable easily on a 2.4m dish, especially in Spain, if not, your dish/LNB needs better alignment.

FOX Sports Brazil is stronger but needs more dB to lock (10.8). Still, must lock on a 2.4m dish in Spain.

what receiver/ meter / dish / location for the dB readings

drhans

Registered
what receiver/ meter / dish / location for the dB readings

The numbers I mentioned are not any readings, those are minumum SNR values you need for a lock in the case of 8PSK modulation and FEC 3/4 and 8/9.

I can't give correct readings as my circular LNB is out of focus by 6-7 degrees - yet I can receive both of these transponders with a small safe margin of approx 0.5 - 1.5 dB on my 2.4m channel master, I'm in the 40 dBW footprint area.
With LNB adjustments, I can get more out of ESPN but then losing on other transponders. That's the price for multi focus I guess. With circular LNB in focus, I could easily get at least 1dB more out of these TPs.

pedro2000uk

Registered
Thanks..

You can often improve one c band transponder and you have to watch others don't drop, unless they really don't matter.