Echostar isn't dead yet.......but

pawncob

Registered
I recently did a factory reset on my EchoStar AD3600 and now I'm missing virtually all the Freeview channels on Astra (28) and most of the channels on Hotbird(13). The dish is A.O.K.

I can get (Astra) 12207V and 11954V and 12304H but no channels below 11479V. On Hotbird I can get V and H channels but nothing below 11334H. As I have V and H I assume it's not a skew problem.

Does the factory reset change the polarisation settings? I can't manually adjust the LNBF orientation as it's corroded in place (it's 20 years old)

Anyone got any suggestions for a cure, if not it's a Technomate TM5402 for me and the EchoStar joins the Chapparal in the loft.

manic01

Super VIP
Also I'm not familiar with your stb but your lnb settings should be 9.750/10.600 Universal

pawncob

Registered
the channel list is complete, and I've added up to date definitions, but it doesn't find the frequencies I've added.
When it was factory reset, I think it changed the LNBF switch from "None" to 0-12v and the first scan was done on that setting. Would that damage the LNBF?