CT 5000 HD Combo Plus died

kargo.25

Super VIP
You toasted your receiver by installing a F16 firmware - wasnt that the case?!

Turn the receiver on by using the power switch on the back and pressing the MENU key on the device at the same time - the loader menu should appear.

Post back how it worked.

lapins59

Registered
right, module 002p + firmware205p...
I used to have some freezes, but I don't know if it's come from the firmware cause all the people I see start back with the serial connection... and not mine...

Kind regards.

+PS: menu key: no effect...
:(

lapins59

Registered
good evening,

I've test the 2 cables types... also one I've done by myself....
and with the same result,

- If I use a serial one the software stay in with the "exit" on the bouton
- If I use a 0 modem the software bouton goes from "exit" to "cancel" but the download doesn't start....

But it was a good idear... thanks.

lapins59

Registered
good evening,

i've test on 3 different PC
- 1 acer
- 2 own making ( one with an include seria on mother board, one with trendnet usb-> serial converter.

I'd also done a test with an targus dock station, I'd test from de speed of 9600 bauds to 115200...
I think my connection is OK cause if I try to download a bad firmware it said to me incompatible model...

kargo.25

Super VIP
hello,Only a nullmodem cable can work!

Follow the update procedure precisely, see the manual.

Hallo lapins59,
"I think my connection is OK cause if I try to download a bad firmware it said to me incompatible model..."
->NO the uploader soft ITSELF checks the firmware!!

Be careful with USB to serial adapter!!

Better use the onboard com slot.
check the parameter for the com-port:

9600 <- (...., 14400, ...., 12800)
8 <- (4,5,6,7)
No <- (even ,odd, ....)
1 <- (1,5 / 2)
NO <- (Hardware, Xon/Off)

Aktivate FIFO

and use O-Modem Cable!

satuniverse100

Last edited:

lapins59

Registered
good evening...

I've done some other test before sending it back to CT...

I've have try différent doft to connect to the CT..
angeltool: doesn't works..
satantools V1: connection OK, load the firmware but the problem is satantools works with 1500,2000 and 2100.
it's seems that the ct 5000 load some parts cause when i start it doesn't do the same thing now the RJ45 yellow light is shinning... but I'm not able to load by other firmware, and i think satantools v1 is not able to load correctly a complete firmware for a CT 5000 HD C+...

but it's interresting...

skystar91

Registered
Ctech repaired

hi,

this thread is very interesting, my ctech was stuck at loader after dwonloading the boot_....stb before dwnloading the 180p.stb. the intention was to go for F16 firmware.
with the recovery procedure described above(several times), i succeeded to recover by downloading the 180p.stb by serial connection NULL modem cable bought sepcially....

even more, I was able to connect from PC over serial cable and download several other sw without hard reset///

thanks

dxer123

Registered
Hello everybody!

I need help.

My CTECH 5000 COMBO PLUS blocked on one feed, little after I put F16 SW 2.65. That happened years ago and I would like to try again to repair him with this great manuals to work again with him. But on the tv I have nothing (simply, blocked on that feed....nothing on tv screen, I can not go thus to the menu, nothing to do...:eek:, tried to open receiver, disconnect all connectors to maybe reset him and no success....), only on receiver display always is this:

1) when turn on receiver wrote LOADER 501

2) after that always is : F16 S/W 265 , FEED-1, F16 S/W 265, FEED-1, F-16 S/W 265, FEED-1,...

But I`m not sure what to do..

I have null modem cable DB9 Male/DB9 Female , and also DB9 Female/DB9 Female, but on the pc I have no RS232, only VGA input (15 pins)....:(I need some adaptor RS232 to USB? Can I repair receiver only over USB on receiver maybe?

Please help. Thank to all very much

Last edited:

EbenDer

Registered
Try the following..

1) Switch off the CT by main switch
2) Push the MENU button at the front panel..
3) Turn on the CT by the main switch..
4) now you should see at your front panel indicated LOADER MENU
5) now you should have 3 options..
1) USB DOWNLOAD AUTO SELECT ( needy only when no TV SCREEN is available.. )
2) USB DOWNLOAD ( Broswer ) you could choose / search the software you want to install..
3) factory settings.. when both 2 options are not possible.. caused by software bug..

Then after one of the 3 options did work.. you could proceed with your changes.. as you wish..

Regards EbenDer!