• Discussion in the Admin room about nightly images, we dont really need or want these posting for the following reasons.

1. We all know where to get them.
    2. Never have a change log.
    3. The changes if any are not worthy of anyone upgrading there boxes on a daily basis.
    4. They clutter the forum up.

Posts will be removed.

Ferret

Evo xfinity channel list

z11

Registered
Hi Guys,

Just added one of these boxes, have it up and running-looking good feature, content, quality wise so far.

I tried to load the 28` channel list from here through the menu option in the box but it doesnt recognise the file format- tried renaming it to *.tar but still no joy.

Is the another way of loading this channel list(pwr off/boot method maybe)without upsetting my new firmware?

Thanks

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
There is no need to rename the file, in fact you must make sure you don't rename this or it won't load on, make sure the full file name stays as tvdata.tar.gz and make sure the USB stick you use is formatted to FAT32, even if you think it is already then re-format again using some partition software to ensure all partitions are removed and then start over again creating a single FAT32 partition - it will work for sure once the format of the stick is satisfied.

You can download our latest 28.2 East channel list along with PDF guide from our Download Centre HERE, as the guide will explain you do need to load this via the menu but it takes literally seconds once the format of the USB stick is correct.

Also check out the very latest firmware update from 15th May as well if you've not already and especially the phone/tablet apps that go with it, quite impressive additions! They are all also available from our Download Centre.

z11

Registered
The file format would lead me to believe it is to be used in the pwr on/off upgrade method?

It is a `fuller` channel list than the last *tar.gz one.
Ihave the latest firmware from the 15th-looks great.

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
This is an Android based receiver uses Tvheadend as the 'back end' to have the DVB-S/S2 tuner working with XBMC and the tv.data.gz format is basically Tvheadend format for want of a better description and it's Tvheadend support which is extremely important and separates the EVO Xfinity receiver from most any other Android receivers in terms of tuner support, the cheap (and not so) Android receivers with tuners built in tend to run an Android app for tuner support, leading to very little if any real scope for real tuner support... Check out our EVO Xfinity listing on the retail site HERE for a more fuller explanation on why Tvheadend is important if it's of interest.

I'm not quite sure exactly where you maybe going wrong with the above (perhaps you have this working now) but please don't try loading the channel list in any other way than described in the guide above and this way you should be fine, just have a re-read of the above regarding to formatting USB stick then follow the PDF guide and all will work fine, tried and tested countless times by ourselves as you can imagine. :)

Last edited:

z11

Registered
So rather than loading the ch list via the menu/blue button- the ch list in the link above is loaded by power off/on reboot?

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
No, it's just a Tvheadend channel list (specific to this receiver, but a standard Tvheadend channel list none the less) - it should always be loaded via the menu as per the PDF guide - it can not be loaded like firmware, it's not firmware, only a channel list and shouldn't be compared to most any other Amiko / EVO receiver for example, because these are Android based they are fairly unique in many respects to any previous Amiko / EVO receivers you may have used.

Last edited:

thebear009

Registered
No, it's just a Tvheadend channel list (specific to this receiver, but a standard Tvheadend channel list none the less) - it should always be loaded via the menu as per the PDF guide - it can not be loaded like firmware, it's not firmware, only a channel list and shouldn't be compared to most any other Amiko / EVO receiver for example, because these are Android based they are fairly unique in many respects to any previous Amiko / EVO receivers you may have used.
Is there a new ch list for this day 28-11-14
And if I update to the latest firmware released today will I lose my cline installed

windy10

Donating Member
anyone have a uk update file for this evo exfinity I see lavtronics have pulled support again it no surprise as they have done that with the amiko and every box there ever sold only support for a few month and walk away leaving us with no support