T90 dish + 16 LNBs [15 Twin + 1 Quadro] + 2x Centauri 16/1 switches!!!

ascent

Registered
WAVEFİELD Torodial T90 for the dish

which brand is strong lnb ?

smart titanyum ?
sharp white ?
invecom ?
inverto red single lnb ?

zico268

Registered
Man, how pissed at myself I am that I haven't found this thread 2 years ago, when I was setting up my dish...

You guys are brilliant, your pics gave me a clue how I should do it now (yeah,for the second time). The idea with the wooden or plastic pallets is ingenious! But the chimney metalwork looks more reliable, the problem is where to buy it? Because there's no way I can do it myself. If anyone has any links for seller in Europe please post it.

I will have to move my dish from behind the window to the roof very soon and the pallet idea really inspired me right now, but like I said it looks like a lot of work and you don't really know how stable can you make it at the end, that's why I'd rather go with the chimney "hugger".

Thanks again guys for sharing I really envy your set-ups!:thum:

gorski

Registered
These setups are mine. I now have the wooden pallette on my balcony and I have done it myself, from scratch, so not a big deal, really! Very stable, just put some heavy rocks on it and peace...

Germans are making those chimney huggers, try searching the German net...:thum:

RimaNTSS

Registered
2 gorski: Instead of repeating 3 times you better show some picture :D
Just kidding. Agree, it is not a big deal to DIY not-penetrating platform for balcony or flat roof for antennas.
There is my platform

Last edited:

gorski

Registered
Mods, I had probs getting to the forum, hence the triple post - please, delete the surplus... ;)

zico268

Registered
Thanks! I really don't know about this pallet. My building is 4 stories high and it gets pretty windy in the fall....
The pallet set up I could do myself but with the chimney support I'd have to buy the set up. I don't think I could put it together from the scratch. Will check those German sites.

Can I ask you where do you live, what's the weather like there and how tall is the building that you have your antenna on?

gorski

Registered
For the first T90 setup, I lived in Sweden - flat surface, on pallets...

The second one was in Luxembourg, on a chimney, 5 floors high building, pretty windy but - installed it on the roof, no problems check the Germans for the gear...

Third, in Italy, again on pallets, this time on the balcony... By myself. No help from anyone!

Enjoy messing with it! :) Or pay the professional... ;)

I had a profi friend who came to check my work - and we reduced the package to 12 LNBs, plus he managed to get it more precisely... :D

Last edited:

tuvalo

Registered
@gorski
svaka cast!

Cn you tell us how good is your reception on the feeds on 10°/7°east. Especially I'm interested in the reception via your equipment on the La Liga feeds.

gorski

Registered
Well, my present setup is on a balcony which is a bit closed, so I don't get the full signal... If and when I move and have the full, clear access to the skies :D - then I will tell you...

But you are right: one better does the installation properly, because it's a bit complex. I can do it but not that well, sadly...

I don't have a spectral analyzer, for instance, or a good "libela" (vertical/horizontal measuring instrument) or...

So, it's not perfect and hence not very useful to tell you...

Which feeds exactly on 10/7E?

Cheers!

Last edited:

valicat

Registered
someone is running T90 dish+Centauri 16/1 switch with Vantage VT-1S?I can not set the receiver.Cheers!

gorski

Registered
It's about the OS/FW - what do you have in it? Enigma2 or...?

If it is E2, then all the info is in this thread, just go slowly... ;)

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i dont know why this was moved to dump room really i do not but now its restored so plze continue your discussions as normal .
Thnx
-
Barney2222

gorski

Registered
Thanx, m8!:thum:

In the nick of time, as it were, since I have just moved and I am getting ready for a new installation.:clapping:

But this time with 2 dishes:

1) Gibertini 1,5m for 6 quad LNBs (39, 28, 26, 23.5, 19 and 16E)

2) T90 for another 10 quad LNBs (13E - 30W).

I am hoping that I will restore BBC, ITV, CH4 etc. for my family's needs, plus 39E more for me, I think... ;)

Then, 4 x EMP Centauri 16in1 switches for 3 positions in the apartment.

Twin tuner for a living room, one for study and one for master bedroom.

Prey for me... :D

gorski

Registered
OK, moved house and now my static 2-dish setup will include Gibertini 1.5m, one day, hopefully, with 6 LNBs (39/28/26/23.5/19/16E), plus T90 with another 10LNBs (13E - 30W). All 16 LNBs will be Quad.

They go into 4 x EMP Centauri 16in1 switches, which will send 4 cables into the house...

At the moment, we only have 28E on Gibertini, since we are missing a bit/adapter that goes at the end of the LNB arm, to be able to put the sliders for extra LNBs - it was simply not included in the package with the sliders (grrr!!!)... Anyone has any idea how to do this? Ehhh...

Here is the first little step...