Skybox f3

Armaghgedon

Registered
Last night I tried to update my channel list on my Skybox F3 when half way through the update the box decided to update itself. The box keeps on rebooting itself and the Skybox.cc logo appears on screen and the STYT appears on display for a couple of minutes and then it reboots.

Currently, I am attempting to do a firmware update using a USB to RS232 adapter but I am having no joy. I do have a desktop with a com port but it won't recognise it.

Anyway, tried the updates and older firmware but nothing seems to be working. Am I flashing the drive or am I just trying to overwrite what is on the box or am I doing something else that is wrong?

Thanks for help in advance.

mahrkpat

Registered
Try disconnecting the satellite cable and then try rebooting if that doesn't work chane power supply then try again.

Sometimes the f connnector on the sat cable becomes loose causing a short, and the cheap chinese power supplies do develop faults.

Armaghgedon

Registered
Aerial is out of the box and I think I have changed the power cable. It all happened after the channel update I attempted over X LAN TOOl or whatever it is called :/