Clone Boxes

SSHIFT

Registered
No success with jtag here, that is why I was asking. Changing ic and reprogram pain in the ass.

Some clone maker chinese manufacturers must put some write protection also.

grizzlyt

Registered
Doubt that Gemini is the culprit

DMM is used to those practices.
They did the same with Magic Modules.
Installing time bombs in their software is perverse, but nothing new.
I hope that they go out of business.
Tnhat and their inaptitude to deliver enough 800 and 8000 boxes.
Don't buy their products anymore, get another receiver on Linux basis, there are enough on the market
Grizzly

xabba

Registered
Yeah i agree, we should all boycott such a lousy company not putting the customers first in their attempt to stop piracy!!!! If they have problem with copies, i understand that they must prevent it, but i will never trust that company anymore.... I bought a reciever to my parents one year ago and now its broken. Reciever looks 100% like the original which dmm informs of, and even had a hologram on it. Now when im trying to help my parents, i notice that the word dream is missing in the hologram. Not so easy to see.... :-( And now my parent got a faulty box thanks to that bad company

Ord Mantel

Registered
Some guy from Maroco say, his service-man fixed "death" DM500, but no with Jtag. Geting out chip, and flashing with dump from "healty" Box.

Full message:
Got good & bad news for people who lost their DM500 on the killing day (04/16/08.)

The good news is you can fix your DM500.

The bad news is it has nothing to do with the JTAG & stuff.
Got mine fixed by IT guy. He opened it, take out a chip, flashed it with a big stuff connected to a computer. Costs me about 30 box, but it's fixed.

I'm running Gemini 3.2 while searching for a reliable image working fine with a clone DM.

We survived

Last edited:

bg4vhj

Registered
If someone wants to try and save their box I think it should be possible with jtag, I imagine it just destroyed the boot sector. It should be possible to recover by loading it over jtag interface.
At least people claim it is possible. I wouldn't know for sure, never personally tried jtag procedure.
Archive contains pin outs for jtag,boot files for dm500 and windows tool.

Thanks a lot i will try it tomorrow..

bg4vhj

Registered
Some guy from Maroco say, his service-man fixed "death" DM500, but no with Jtag. Geting out chip, and flashing with dump from "healty" Box.

Full message:
Got good & bad news for people who lost their DM500 on the killing day (04/16/08.)

The good news is you can fix your DM500.

The bad news is it has nothing to do with the JTAG & stuff.
Got mine fixed by IT guy. He opened it, take out a chip, flashed it with a big stuff connected to a computer. Costs me about 30 box, but it's fixed.

I'm running Gemini 3.2 while searching for a reliable image working fine with a clone DM.

We survived

How was it accomplished? Can say in detail? My MSN: xxxxhotmail.com (don't leave your email in public, you can get spammed) Hope you can add me as your MSN good friend.

Ord Mantel

Registered
Somebody have solution with Jtag procedure, today he fix 3 DM500.

In BIOS configure "paralell port". You need Jtag interface with varistors.
Cable most have 6 wire and 5 varistors 100 Ohma. 1 male LPT conector (short contact 18-25)
and there go 6. wire like mass(zero). Rest 5 wire with vasistors conect by shema.
Setting LPT port most be ECP+EPP with "never use interrupt".
From file JtagWin5XXX start jtag_windows.exe to putt boot file.
Real catch is in simultany action(in same time) power-on Box and start Jtag aplication
(repeat if you no succedd).
When you conect with Box choose adequate boot file from dm500-alps&philips-boot.zip
file, one of bin files, depending of tuner. Insert bin file and done.

Thanks to Freon.

All tools and files you have there:
Sat Universe > Dreambox > Dreambox Chat > Clone Boxes

Good luck!!!

Last edited:

vdu

Registered
Somebody have solution with Jtag procedure, today he fix 3 DM500.

In BIOS configure "paralell port". You need Jtag interface with varistors.
Cable most have 6 wire and 5 varistors 100 Ohma. 1 male LPT conector (short contact 18-25)
and there go 6. wire like mass(zero). Rest 5 wire with vasistors conect by shema.
Setting LPT port most be ECP+EPP with "never use interrupt".
From file JtagWin5XXX start jtag_windows.exe to putt boot file.
Real catch is in simultany action(in same time) power-on Box and start Jtag aplication
(repeat if you no succedd).
When you conect with Box choose adequate boot file from dm500-alps&philips-boot.zip
file, one of bin files, depending of tuner. Insert bin file and done.

Thanks to Freon.

All tools and files you have there:
Sat Universe > Dreambox > Dreambox Chat > Clone Boxes

Good luck!!!

I do it as you say,and finished all. but the box can not work...
I think if this bootloader is not fit for dm500.

nafan

Registered
So you were able to JTAG a cloned DM500S ?
Can you confirm ?

If so, the only problem now is to find the bootloader. Maybe from a working one ?

bg4vhj

Registered
So you were able to JTAG a cloned DM500S ?
Can you confirm ?

If so, the only problem now is to find the bootloader. Maybe from a working one ?

Yes i am sure ,i able to JTAG my DM500S .
But i cant find the bootloader of DM500S..

B

boxgot

I know is there file from rock,but try this to.And dont forget :
Windows tools.PLS USE right bin bot file for DM500 for a boot of 500 alps (what must be all the clones).
you have to rename dm500_alps_boot_00_00_00_00_00_00.bin file
in to blimg and put/replace blimg file in Jtag_DM500 folder

For the program to work with the jtag you have to first do connect in the program and after some time (0 to 1 second), turn on the box.
The faster the CPU you have, the lower the time to wait.
Using realtime as priority in the jtag program will help that wait time to be almost the same and not so random.
The problem with laptops is that the CPU is always changing its clock/speed, and makes the wait time hard to know

at Your Own RiskThx matrix for instructions

bg4vhj

Registered
I know is there file from rock,but try this to.And dont forget :
Windows tools.PLS USE right bin bot file for DM500 for a boot of 500 alps (what must be all the clones).

For the program to work with the jtag you have to first do connect in the program and after some time (0 to 1 second), turn on the box.
The faster the CPU you have, the lower the time to wait.
Using realtime as priority in the jtag program will help that wait time to be almost the same and not so random.
The problem with laptops is that the CPU is always changing its clock/speed, and makes the wait time hard to know

at Your Own Risk

Thanks a lot ,I have download it ..Try it tomorrow..

nafan

Registered
Please, don't forget to give us your feedback.

Sure many poeple would be happy to see your success ! ;)

Thanks !

hapi

Registered
Flashing

First i touhgt that dosent work but need to remove jtag computer then its boots fine NICE THX M8.
Now new image in maby old nabilo!!.
THX again all of U.

Last edited:

hapi

Registered

First i touhgt that dosent work but need to remove jtag computer then its boots fine NICE THX M8.
Now new image in maby old nabilo!!.
THX again all of U.
Need different mac:adress in binary network do not work with 00:00:00:00:00

nafan

Registered
:clapping:

That's a great news !

You did it with a simple JTAG (5 x 100 ohms resistors) adapter ?

I haven't got 100 ohms resistors at home (only have 220 ohms and higher...) but will buy some on monday.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

PS : On my other DM500S, I've installed Nabilo-V08 and it works like a charm.
The only thing I haven't found yet is the "Quick-button" menu to allow recording when "Radio" button is pressed...

Ord Mantel

Registered
Full tutorial:
Orig.post: By Miro
-----------------------------
Thanks to @Freon...

You have to know some PCs have problems with LPT chanse is bigger with
old PC and i have info if you use Linux tool working better.
HOW TO Reapair DM500 bootloader.

1) Interface

DB25 male printer connector
6 wieres + 5 resistors of 100 ohms (you have to use short connection wieres between LPT and Dreambox
from dreambox to resistors about +- 10 cm and from resistors to LPT use LPT cable but not to long.)
ON printer connector short connect pin 18 to 25 and connect the last wire.
rest of the wieres connect the resistors and use the schematics

LPT <---------------> Dreambox

2 --> 100 ohms --> 11
3 --> 100 ohms --> 9
4 --> 100 ohms --> 7
5 --> 100 ohms --> 3
11--> 100 ohms --> 1
25 -->-->-->-->--> 16
|

2) Computer and BIOS configuration:

BIOS COMPUTER **** LPT Printer ****ECP+EPP

Windows XP **** Contr.panel-System-Hardware-Device>Porten****Printer port****i never use an interrupt!

3) Start program ****Connect (important) When You hit the connect simultaniously place the power to dream.
No Connection, Try Again (again) ****Connect then (important) When You hit the connect simultaniously place the power to dream.
If you have connect ****(important) Write right dm500...bin for a boot of 500 alps (what must be all the clones).
(boot file for DM500)

After you can USE standard DreamUP to put new image

dm500pic.jpg

index.php

All About It (at Your Own Risk)

Last edited: