I want a new box - with - XBMC , FullIPTV , CCcam

invader7

Registered
Hello , i want to buy a new HD receiver which "must" have the ability to:

Run XBMC
Run Fulliptv - Ip TV software (or any other)
CCcam support

Do you have any suggestion ??

I already seen:

-Evo Xfinity
-PrismCube

thanks !

invader7

Registered
PrismCube or D-Cube R2 E2BMC Linux Receiver

i was excited about these 2 , but after a quick search in google i found that there is not much support about these 2 boxes and its good to avoid them. So im a little scared about how im i supposed to make them work with XBMC,CCcam AND IPTV.

I want something that plays without glitches and tested! Today i tested a chinese box which was supposed to support FULL HD , but it could playback only SD channels, HD channels had A LOT glitches ! I want to avoid this with my new box !

In the other hand Rider suggests 2 VERY good boxes but 400-500$ for a box are too much for me ! Surely , you get what you pay !!

I think XBMC plays (fully-all addons) only at PrismCube , the other boxes have lack of support and only some addons plays well and others doesn't , is it true ?

Is there any other suggestion ??

THANKS !!! Very much !

guner67

Registered
CCcam does not work atv.4.2 soft erroneous software is just trying oscam days searching the hobbies he is supposed to 4G HD + orginal 'm trying to read my card is not doing more

wolfen

Registered
intresting subject. I am also looking for something new to play with. Evo Xfinity and the new alien2+ are 2 tuners i am looking at right now. cant decide wich one yet..

thetempuser

Registered
I've been "playing" with the new A3 (Alien3), and I'm pretty much pleased with what it can do. XBMC runs amazingly fast, even after installing a bunch of add-ons. You can get a lot of IPTV addon using it. It does not run CCcam, the alternative is OSCAM, which is quite OK for me, still needs a few minor bugs fixes, but I'm sure in the next releases all will be ok. It's an hybrid Andoid/Spark 2 box, pretty easy to use, and quite different from any STB on the market, the interface is more like a SMART TV/android-like, but well designed. It's new on the market, but it's what I need right now. XBMC is really taking off, so I consider the A3 a "little" HTPC at a reasonable price.

secaspider

Registered
I've been "playing" with the new A3 (Alien3), and I'm pretty much pleased with what it can do. XBMC runs amazingly fast, even after installing a bunch of add-ons. You can get a lot of IPTV addon using it. It does not run CCcam, the alternative is OSCAM, which is quite OK for me, still needs a few minor bugs fixes, but I'm sure in the next releases all will be ok. It's an hybrid Andoid/Spark 2 box, pretty easy to use, and quite different from any STB on the market, the interface is more like a SMART TV/android-like, but well designed. It's new on the market, but it's what I need right now. XBMC is really taking off, so I consider the A3 a "little" HTPC at a reasonable price.
I am totally agreed with you, and of course, I bought the Amiko Alien 3 Box too :)

wolfen

Registered
Amiko Alien 3.. is it stable now.. i've read about glitches while watching tv.. and cam trouble.

thetempuser

Registered
Not 100%, there are some card on the testing bench, but much more stable than a few versions ago. Still a lot of adjustment to do. Android is new to STB, so everything must be re-done for this platform. Give it a year.

wolfen

Registered
ahh.. i need a wife friendly receiver so i guess i'll wait a bit longer and buy an broadcom based. maybe combi, suggestions?

VFL

Registered
for all thatu need with xbmc

mutant 2400 HD

AXA Odin Quad box 2400 HD

both have Kodi ipvt and much more

andyrelink

Registered
Don t buy the SHITTY Amiko A3.
Do you want KODI + OSCAM ?
Buy PRISME CUBE RUBY: kodi as primary OS, 4GB of ram and Blackhole upgrade possibility:clapping: