Black Ultra LNB's

TheSamoyed

Donating Member
I have a Black Ultra single and a Black Ultra quad.

The single is on my dish at the moment, is there likely to be a difference in signal strength if I change to the quad?

I mainly look for feeds so any increase or decrease in strength is important.

Thanks,

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Same with me aswell i use inverto black ultra lnb on my 1.2m channel master dish but sometimes even this dish is not good enuff for various feeds so i have to use my 2 meter prime focus dish , but to obtain more signal the only sure way is to invest in a bigger dish its just that simple im afraid .

--
Barney2222

TheSamoyed

Donating Member
I gave the quad a quick try, connected my meter to it so I could easily check the signal strength while moving it slightly up and down the lnb holder and I could not get it within 5% of the single when it's connected.

Stick with the single just now, a 1.1m or bigger will be my next investment. :)

satesco

Feed Hunter
barney2222 said:
... i use inverto black ultra lnb on my 1.2m channel master dish but sometimes even this dish is not good enuff for various feeds so i have to use my 2 meter prime focus dish , but to obtain more signal the only sure way is to invest in a bigger dish its just that simple im afraid .

A solution less used to increase signal with Inverto Ultra Black(used for offset dish)on the Prima Focus antenna,is to install a feedhorn(scaling rings)on this LNB.The results,I'd say,that they are amazing;an increase of 1 dB or 2 dB.And even if you didn't get signal so much,you'll see an improved on whole band.Even an increase of only 0.5 dB,it's worth trying.
Here's how shows this combination between Inverto Ultra Black and these scaling rings on PFA:

Here are some comparisons between Invacom flange and for ofset and Inverto UB{ofset) on the same dish.

Inverto White flange(for PFA) and Inverto Black Ultra(for offset{with feedhorn:

digi247

Registered
For the Full Frequency spectrum the Inverto Black Ultra Twin performs slightly better than both the Single and the Quad, That is what i use at the moment

RimaNTSS

Registered
Hi! Not to criticize, but could somebody explain how to measure performance of LNB, to be able to say that one works better than another one? Can it happen that A-LNB is performing better than B-LNB on antenna #1, but on antenna #2 B-LNB is working better? If A-LNB performs slightly better on low frequencies but not so good on high frequencies and B-LNB shows opposite results, than which LNB is better? And last presumption: perhaps if we have two same LNBs (for example Balck Ultras) they not necessary perform identically.