Gigablue quad plus picture quality

rhurbarb

Registered
I have just purchased a Gigablue quad plus and im having issues with the picture quality.I have played around with the settings but for some reason i cant seem to get the picture right.As if its not sharp or vibrant enough on the colours.If i put the sharpness setting to 0 the picture is viewable but as soon as i click up on the setting to improve the picture it gets worse to until it gets to the middle .Does this seem like a fault with the reciever?
Or is this just the quality of the unit ?.Thanks ...

digi247

Registered
What type of receiver where you using before that you are comparing it too as it is a well known fact that Broadcom based receivers do not have the same picture quality as those that use the STi or Conexant Video chipsets

digi247

Registered
it will be image dependant then when comparing it against the Dreambox HD but the Blade has a far better video processor inside and will give a sharper picture, I cant remeber which chip is inside the blade could be conexant or Ali chipset

rhurbarb

Registered
Cheers Digi.I have had a word with the supplier and he said the only thing he can think of is trying another tv with the gigablue as im using a older tv .He said the processer speed might not be up to scratch .Guess that makes some sense but he is baffled why the picture blurs when i increase the sharpness option from low.

Ragnarok

Donating Member
thats most likely poor picture processing from the box.

To get the best picture all this picture processing options need to be off and not interfering in any way with the broadcast picture. The sharpness needs to be in neutral position where it's nether blurring or artificially sharpening the picture.