13E,19E or Motorized

trevorzindoga

Registered
Hi Folks

Just looking for some info, im a football & boxing fan , Im currently on 28.2 and looking to move my dish & add a monoblock 6degree lnb to get 19 &13e. Are these the best options for football & boxing for a footprint in Northern Ireland (belfast) or would i need to motorise & what size dish and potential channels could i get via "other means".

astrodog66

Registered
Hello Trevor

At the moment you can get quite a lot of international football and boxing via "other means". Have a look in the biss feed section to see what is up there. Premier league feeds are relatively rare at the moment as the encryption system for the main feeds was recently updated.

Some feeds are free to air but most are encrypted so you will need to patch your receiver - load special firmware - to receive the feeds.

You will need a motorised dish, probably at least 1 metre, but Irish members would be better able to advise on dish size.

You may consider getting a dvb-s2 card, as some feeds use mpeg 4:2:2, which set top boxes do not display. A lot here use TBS cards, but dvbsky cards are also good.

There are other "other means" to get what you want but I can not offer any advice on these.

Regards

Last edited:

trevorzindoga

Registered
Thanks astrodog66.
I will have a look shortly, I might stick with 13e &19.2 & see what happens. If i was to go motorised i assume t*anderbeg +Pow*eVu work with an amiko mini?

manic01

Super VIP
AFAIK Amiko mini doesnt clear latest tandberg or latest 20w powervu.
Feeds for boxing normally 4:2:0 and in biss on 24.5/12.5/1w/7e/10e and sometimes 23.5e
Motorised is the answer.
EPL has had biss feeds on 28.2e lately 3pm games.
19.2e/13e is ok for cs but theres no boxing/footy feeds on there.

trevorzindoga

Registered
I might have to look at motorised as it has all the options by looks of it. Thanks folks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

trevorzindoga

Registered
AFAIK Amiko mini doesnt clear latest tandberg or latest 20w powervu.
Feeds for boxing normally 4:2:0 and in biss on 24.5/12.5/1w/7e/10e and sometimes 23.5e
Motorised is the answer.
EPL has had biss feeds on 28.2e lately 3pm games.
19.2e/13e is ok for cs but theres no boxing/footy feeds on there.

Can I use a irverdo 0.2db 3degree monoblock lnb on a zone2 satelite dish for 19.2 & hotbird?

digi247

Registered
That's great I was doubting it might be tight on a zone2 dish but thanks. I got a 6 degree one.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

You might have to modify the Dish Arm length if this is a Sky Zone 2 dish as the LNB arms are notoriously shorter than a standard Oval type dish so a fixed 6 degree monobloc on a zone 2 may actually turn out to be farther apart