Signal reception issue. Any clue?

pa64

Registered
Hello all.
I am facing a strange problem and I need your help if possible.
I live in a building which has a common satellite setup.
I am using an FTA receiver (Echolink 3020).
I have no signal issue during day time, however, at night the signal quality and strength drop to 30% making all my channels scrambled.
I tried other receiver brands and they work OK.
I tried another Echolink 3020 receiver and the channels are scrambled.
Could this be coming from the LNB line or is it Echolink having issues with signal reception?

Thanks!

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
It is not uncommon for signal to drop during the night. It might be that Echolink's tuner is not that great so signal drops below the margin at which it can receive a picture. And that other brands can still get the picture even with lower signal.

Danxy

Registered
Yes, it's probably because of tuner's sensitivity. And also it can be a problem in satellite installation in building (amplifier). During the night there are much more people watching tv and in case of poor amplifier, signal can drop bellow normal.

skytel

Registered
if it is a communal system the multiswitch is to each point so it should not affect your signals by more people watching satellite in your building

Low Profile

Registered
Transmission power decreases at night when the satellites switch over from solar to battery power (hence the drop out). As suggested, a more sensitive receiver could be the answer (if your dish is peaked up to the signal), as could a larger dish - or a better LNB.

abubakar

Registered
answer

yes my freand your receiver need a lmbf stonger than that one have use before try and chage the lmbf:thum:

driver

Registered
hi mb try shifting the receiver frequency first 2 units down or two units up to see if you get improvment.
lnbs and receivers are not always as accurate in this respect as they could be.
if an imprivment is gained on one channel,duplicate this shift on the others.
it is also possible that your menu for lnb setting can be mved as above if you have this facility on your reciever.
any improvment by this method will be to the advantage of all your channels.