does anyone tested this ???
as im very interested to buy one i would like your opinions
thanks
ciaooo
slingmedia.com

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
I have a friend who's using one of these and he said its awesome, his brother logs onto it and gets all his tv from it, very usefull if you dont have a satellite system.

He said once you have logged onto it you have full control, ie change channels etc, the thing that puts me off is the price of them.

I was looking for a good satellite meter and emailed this satellite shop in the USA, i got an email back with this fourm address and they all use them over there, the admin of the site is originally from scotland and pm'd me to see if i had a slingbox to exchange so he could watch scottish football.

maximo

Super VIP
wow great mate you should have asked him to send you a free slingbox in exchange you let him log in a watch scottish footie :D
anyhow i know those devices are very popular in america i read some reviews i wanted to know the quality of streming if is any good
thanks
ciaooo

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
when my friend comes home from work mate i'll ask him more questions, bandwith quality,etc.

and i will post it tonight for you :thum:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
I have spoken to my mate and these are his comments.

its not too bad depends on the picture your streaming sometime
digitalb picture is not always good and the faster you and the
person who is streaming the better but i think if you watch sport
you need a big download and upload because its not that good watching
sport.

He can control my channels and move my dish.

we both got 4mg download and upload is about 350 so he can only watch sport in a small window but films are ok.

being on virgin my next speed up is 10 or 20 mg that should be better.

slingbox you need 4mg nothing under.