Signals on 7.3w

Coastman

Registered
Since 2 days ago some signals on 7.3w appear to be below normal levels for me. Could i have some feedback on these transponders to see if they are down from normal signal quality levels for anyone and mention dish size.
12245v, 12265h, 12284v and 12475v all 27500. All aljaz tps.
1.1.dish.

Coastman

Registered
Located in yorkshire uk and as i said could normally get all the transponders with some signal of varying degrees on this sat. Checked other sats and no change in any signal levels that i normally receive so i know its no problem with alignment. The only other thing i can think of is with the very hot weather it is affecting the lnb so for the weaker sats is bringing the usual signal down.

Last edited:

nautilus7

VIP
Located in yorkshire uk and as i said could normally get all the transponders with some signal of varying degrees on this sat. Checked other sats and no change in any signal levels that i normally receive so i know its no problem with alignment. The only other thing i can think of is with the very hot weather it is affecting the lnb so for the weaker sats is bringing the usual signal down.

How is it even possible to have reception on these freqs (Eutelsat) in UK? In Greece (Athens) we need dishes over 2 meters to have reception.

Apart from that, perhaps they ve lowered the signal on purpose, because of the EPL rights.

aerosmith

Registered
How is it even possible to have reception on these freqs (Eutelsat) in UK? In Greece (Athens) we need dishes over 2 meters to have reception.

Apart from that, perhaps they ve lowered the signal on purpose, because of the EPL rights.

It has been possible for quite some time, to some variance and weather conditions permitting.

Coastman

Registered

Been possible on 7.3w beam since it started and also some vertical transponders on 102 beam on 7w.
I believe the secong part of youre reply about lowering ths signal and the reason why is probably correct.

aerosmith

Registered
Been possible on 7.3w beam since it started and also some vertical transponders on 102 beam on 7w.
I believe the secong part of youre reply about lowering ths signal and the reason why is probably correct.

It is difficult to say with the warm weather as lnbs do not like hot conditions. Check early hours of the morning on various transponders on this sat when it has cooled down a bit and there is less chance of any inteference from any harmonics etc. As you say the power can still be turned down on any transponder any time of the day!

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=JSC+SPORT&Submit=Zap

Strange they mess with 12245.00V no FA Premiership on those JSC Sport channels, obviously JSC Sport have asked for power to be reduced on there channels/tp's to ensure now they have Premiership rights that the JSC Sport +5 to +10 and HD channels are only receivable in the area they have the broadcast rights for......same thing has happened with the Azerbaidjan channels on 46E (Azerspace-1, Idman, AzTv etc) as they have FA Premiership they have switched from the European Footprint to the Asia one (much like they used to be when they were on the East Beam of 42E Turksat...for Asia reception).

Anybody remember to check out GRTS Gambia now the transmission is back (now on 5W - it was on 7E, 5W 12690V DVB-S QPSK 27500 3/4) have they still got Premiership rights?

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
scrambled channel grts on 5w

Do you mean you checked it at 3pm yesterday and it was encrypted? Because there is no encryption present at the moment, simply no transmission (channel does not start until 11pm CET, I believe). The GRTS Satellite Network service from Gambia is a free-to-air (FTA)* digital television reception signal which was launched on the 25th May, 2009 at a cost of $9.5 million.

*Region does not pay broadcasting rights. Relays coverage from other channels.

kral2008

Registered
You are in Europe and you can watch EPL on 39'E Hellast. Diema and Novasport visible by EMU.

and Yes; JSC Transponders power reduced for Europe

Last edited: