Technomate 5402 M3--any good ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 118050
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 118050

Hello..i'm hoping to buy one of these receivers during this week to replace a now 6 yesr old Spiderbox 9000 which has started to become a bit erratic power supply wise when driving my dish....how reliable are they in comparison to that receiver...is it fairly easy to patch them and subsequently enter clines...any comments positive/negative are appreciated....regards

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Very Easy not a lot of knowledge required ,
i also had a spider9K but its very old and it would be a large upgrade for you i suspect ,
its a very good reliable box great tuner and fast blindscan
and easy input c/s info aswell as Biss/PowerVU/Tandberg and CCW Keys , with latest software patch already SRG 13E Pack is open and ready to watch aswell as few other channels without needing to add softcam keys etc which itself is very simple..
Very good for motorized setup it drives my 2 meter dish just fine ,
recording works fine to Any USB External Hard Drive
Youtube/Hardstation XXX and IPTV also fine with latest patch .
only 1 downside is like majority of all other boxes on the market right now no 4:2:2 support .
otherwise i'd rate it 9/10 for being very user friendly .
Hope that helps ?
Good luck : )

D

Deleted member 118050

Ok Barney thanks your comments are very helpful...i'm competent in doing repairs on receivers but I don't really want to waste anytime with this box given it's age...regards

D

Deleted member 118050

An early xmas present to myself now on it's way....:)

tv john

Registered
How is your new box going I also have a spiderbox 9000 very happy thinking of getting a tecnomate 5402 m3 as well can you give me a update please

D

Deleted member 118050

How is your new box going I also have a spiderbox 9000 very happy thinking of getting a tecnomate 5402 m3 as well can you give me a update please
Hello...to be honest with you i'm very pleased with it considering all that it cost..it was replacing a 6 year old spiderbox 9000...I might have bought a linux receiver but I had to consider that my wife would also want something which was very easy to use..it's straightforward when it comes to patching or putting in clines...Technomate user manuals are a waste of paper so I followed advice given here and elsewhere when sitting it up..doing a satellite scan is very fast compared to the spiderbox..I have a diseqc dish motor but a usals dish mount might be easier to configure..can't comment on that...post #2 above by barney sums it up really...I would go for it I don't think you will be disappointed..whatever you do good luck...

Last edited by a moderator: