is mbc leaving badr4???

mdt

VIP
im just watching mbc action and there is a scrolling message in arabic concerning mbc1/2/3/4/action ect and other frequencies like 11.727.h/12.341.v/12.379.v/12.437.h. has anybody any idea?? regards mdt

GrumpyDave

Registered
From what I can gather,due to some channels being jammed as a result of the recent events in the Middle East and North Africa they are going to use temporary frequencies until the interference ceases.Then hopefully they will return to their original frequencies.
Hope this helps

GrumpyDave

Registered
Further to the above the mbc channels on Nilesat at 7w were being effected and the alternative frequencies are for Atlantic Bird at that location.As far as I am aware mbc channels being viewed from 26e are not effected.We will just have to wait and see.

Flavioso

Registered
I do hope this is not permanent because these are some of the best FTA around at the moment given that encrypted channels these days are like gold dust...

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
I would hope that when Badr4 is finally decommisioned, that a transponder on Badr5 or 6 would be reconfigured with the same footprint.........for MBC (Optimistic View......Pessimistic View....will have to set up large Channel Master for 7W & 4W)