Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Equipment

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Receiver suitable for Intelsat 907

Satellite Equipment

Old 14-03-2019, 13:28  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Receiver suitable for Intelsat 907

I would be grateful for any advice about a receiver for Intelsat 907 specifically to receive BBC channels.

I've read that the one to go for is the Technomate 5402, however as a pensioner that one is out of my price range.

I have seen this model that I can buy on Spanish Amazon for around 35euros:-

GTmedia V7S HD DVB-S/S2 Satellite Receiver GT Media 1080P USB WIFI support YouTube Biss key cline Upgrade From Freesat V7
The specs state:-
1, 1080P Full HD DVB-S2
2, Support PowerVu, DRE & Biss key
3, Support USB PVR Ready and USB wifi to Network Sharing
4, Support Full speed USB 3G dongle.

My question is would this receiver be capable of receiving BBC channels etc. on Intelsat 907, and if so, can BISS codes be entered given the above specs?

At present we are using a Transponder TV package but with our slow ADSL speed it's not too good.
I still have my 2M offset dish from when Sky was available here in Southern Spain, so the infrastructure is there.

Years ago I used to be a radio and TV engineer so still "Electronically with it" as well as being computer literate.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated,
James.