Go Back   Sat Universe > PC Section > Chat > General PC Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Thinking of buying an Amazon Echo

General PC Chat

Old 07-03-2019, 14:24  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,739 Times in 799 Posts
Default Thinking of buying an Amazon Echo

I know this is not strictly PC based but I couldn't find anywhere else to post this.

I am thinking of buying an Amazon echo. They are quite cheap at the moment.

To anyone who has one or knows how they operate, does 'Tunein' come readily available or do I have to install it somewhere?
Do I have to pay to use Tunein?

Any advice greatfully received.
Old 07-03-2019, 14:55  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

TuneIN is included. If you have an Amazon Musich account or Spotify you can add it too.

Using TunIN you have access to a large count of radio stations around the world
Old 07-03-2019, 18:11  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Nothing to pay up front to use tunein?
Just plug in, set up an away we go?

I don't bother with such things as Spotify or Amazon music.

What is the volume like on an Amazon echo?
They say the sound can fill a room, but no doubt they have exaggerated it's performance as all manufacturers do these days.
Old 07-03-2019, 22:07  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Sound is okay but nothing to jump up and down about, I bluetooth mine to my Pure DAB radio for a much better sound.

I have 4 echo and would not be without them.
Old 07-03-2019, 22:10  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I am hard of hearing, very hard of hearing at the moment. So need a loud and clear speaker.
Old 07-03-2019, 22:54  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

The Echo will do what you need, don't get a DOT or you will struggle but an Echo or Spot will do. But as I say very easy to Bluetooth to another device such as a sound bar.
The Following User Says Thank You to ^[email protected]@in^ For This Useful Post:
dog-man (08-03-2019)