New Gibertini 1.25 setup

bakerpr26

Registered
Been thinking of taking the plunge and upgrading my current 1.2 motorised dish setup with a Gibertini. Have been advised when combined with a C120 feedhorn a Invacom LNB is marginally better than the Inverto when both LNB's are new - but over time the Invacom continues to work well even after many years has passed whilst the performance of the inverto LNB tails off much more quickly. Is the difference worth double the cost? I am looking to ground mount this time to provide better protection from the wind by surrounding on three sides with a fence or hedging. I have sourced a reasonably priced adjustable galvanised mount by Satplus.http://www.redappledigital.co.uk/36-x-2-tripod-mount-galvanised-for-satellite-dish/ Any advice would be appreciated.

RimaNTSS

Registered
Are you changing 1,2m dish with another 1,2m dish? Could you post some pictures?
Inverto Black Ultra (IBU) is good performer in any case.

bakerpr26

Registered
Don't you think the Gibertini dish with matching feedhorn will give a sufficient improvement to allow a more stable signal on marginal feeds?

Graff Philkoff

Donating Member
My setup is Gaby 125 and IBU and Iam more then happy with it. Let us know what you've want to gain.Iam on south east of England by a way

RimaNTSS

Registered
Don't you think the Gibertini dish with matching feedhorn will give a sufficient improvement to allow a more stable signal on marginal feeds?
Improvement to what? Gibertini 1,25 is not 1,25sm dish, it is just a name. In real life it will perform more or less same as any other 1,2m antenna system, assuming both antennas are fitted wit properly matching feedhorn.

bakerpr26

Registered
I have made my decision to go for it and move the dish to ground level and avoid an existing tree which currently limits my West sats to 12.5w. Presumably nobody has any experience of the ground mount linked in my first post. Will it be strong enough?

Last edited:

pedro2000uk

Registered
I have made my decision to go for it and move the dish to ground level and avoid an existing tree which currently limits my West sats to 12.5w. Presumably nobody has any experience of the ground mount linked in my first post. Will it be strong enough?

the link doesn't take you to the exact page, you want it in 3"o/d anyway, especially if using the Gibi polarmount which sticks out a lot more than say Channel Master polarmount originals.

3" patio mount or tripod on solid concrete or over several paving slabs if on slabs.

bakerpr26

Registered
Thanks, I'm going to use a diseqc motor I know it's not recommended by all but going to shelter from wind as much as possible. Can't seem to find the 3" mount on that site, could you please send me a link.

pedro2000uk

Registered
Thanks, I'm going to use a diseqc motor I know it's not recommended by all but going to shelter from wind as much as possible. Can't seem to find the 3" mount on that site, could you please send me a link.

We make brackets & buy them in trade only, look for suppliers of Blakes brackets- you won't go far wrong or try Hisat- they are the UK suppliers/ distributors of Gibertini & certainly used to stock very good galvanized brackets, should have a 3" patio mount or maybe tripod.
Satellite Superstore do tripods - heavy & not cheap - not sure about certain aspects of their design tbh - the way the angle iron base is cut thin in the middle & the use of flat bar & the dish can drive into the flat bar.

bakerpr26

Registered
Today I eventually after at lot of effort thought I'd got my setup complete. The signal looked great but as I installed there seemed to bbe a small play in the new upgraded stab HH120 motor I installed.
Has anyone had problems with a Stab motor? Should I just return for replacement?