canal duhok 57ºE

pedro2000uk

Registered
One thing that might happen is that Duhok see too many of their customers losing lock & might see them increasing the FEC to 2/3 with that DVB-S2/8PSK & low SR which will ease the issue a little for them & us [so would increasing the SR], there have been quite a lot of broadcasters that have moved over to dvb-s2/8psk, which in the end saves money, but then see it needs a slightly bigger dish or cuts off a % of their customers with smaller or poorer dishes, so end up increasing the fec & lose some of the financial gains. The footprint on 57e says that probably wont happen.

I'm sure this move pleases the EPL who might have encouraged it in the first place [or they'll pull the rights, as usual].

aerosmith

Registered
What bothers me is M1 will lock ok but M3 intermittent. Seems the signal is varying up and down in level quite a bit enough to cause this. Summer is approaching so larger dish installation I have got maybe an experiment. Also lnb (inverto black ultra) 6 or 7 years old now and may have lost a little sensitivity - who knows. Don't cost much to replace anyway. Also my dish can be raised a further 8 inches so maybe worth a try. Need some constant good weather to try

Last edited:

aerosmith

Registered
Signal to me was always quite steady.Monitored on my sat meter outdoors and as suspected tends to jump up and down enough to cause receiver not to lock. Was fine before but not any longer. Never a strong signal I admit (about 70% qualityin clear conditions). Time for larger dish I think!

ricard silveira

Registered
Signal to me was always quite steady.Monitored on my sat meter outdoors and as suspected tends to jump up and down enough to cause receiver not to lock. Was fine before but not any longer. Never a strong signal I admit (about 70% qualityin clear conditions). Time for larger dish I think!

2m dish is recomended?

Jamie A

Registered
1.2m should be more than enough. I think the problem is more likely to be with NSS 12 being quite low on the horizon in the UK so getting a clear line-of-sight without trees or buildings in the way is harder.

far78

Registered
1.2m should be more than enough. I think the problem is more likely to be with NSS 12 being quite low on the horizon in the UK so getting a clear line-of-sight without trees or buildings in the way is harder.

That was never a problem here as line of sight is good to 66E and do-able to 68.5E. I'd agree on a 1.2m dish being fine but, more to the point, a good 1.2m would easily outperform even a crappy 1.5m.

aerosmith

Registered
Some time ago 60 degrees east was possible when signals available. Haven't tried or looked for a while but 57 east was always possible unless it threw it down with rain or on a windy day. The 1.2 metre is just an experiment anyway. Good to do a comparison against a dish just over 1 metre on other sats anyway. If I fail I fail. Such is life...

Jamie A

Registered
Duhok seems to be fta again. Not sure if it's fta during 3pm games mind. I will try finding out.

Coastman

Registered
New Tp
11044 V 1775
Still no increase in signal for me about 50-55% quality with the same set up as you. Is it increased for you? I know it does fluctuate a bit during the day.
Also has 11182v 1211 left that had an id of Serves 2, no signal on this for a few days. I believe Silemani on 11192v 1482 has left also.

Last edited:

aerosmith

Registered
Just get a slight signal now that won't lock since changing frequency. Not a lot left now on this sat for ku band to monitor.

tottisha

Registered
Now italy with 1mt dish duhok is visibile with 8.55 Db Signal At 11043 V 1774,5 sr. Hope I was helpful.