AAF Don"t Cry Image

bo1e

Registered
Thanks again. Will try those. Think the first one is the same or similar to what I tried on aaf installed in flash the first time. It just locked the aaf-panel, and did'nt add or make available any plugins like I thought it was supposed to.
Hoping aaf on usb will be a keeper :)

bo1e

Registered
Got them installed now, but still no cigar so to speak.

I installed both mgcamd 135 and 138a, but none of them will give me picture. I've tried changing boxtype in mg_cfg, but no change. Just black screen. My server reports the connection, but something is not working. In pgi with mgcamd, it works right away, no need to change anything (except server address).

bo1e

Registered
Tried incubus. Did not work. Tried oscam. yippi, it worked. Been getting alot of green screens while testing this out though. Not a very stable image, at least not when installing and uninstalling plugins, and doing some very simple things thru telnet.

bo1e

Registered
Working ok with oscam so far. Got another crash when trying to reload channel list with dreamboxedit.

A couple of questions if anyone knows. How do I find audio select and how do I find subtitle select? The buttons on the remote do nothing when pressed.

bo1e

Registered
Sorry about all the consecutive posts, but there's a 30 min limit on editing the previous ones.

Another problem. After watching a hd channel for about 5 minutes, the picture starts to jagg. Movement in the picture stutters. Sound is fine. If I change channel back and forth the picture is fine again for another 5 minutes, and then it starts to stutter or jagg again.

Is this the sharp tuner problem? How come it takes 5 minutes to appear?

Last edited:

bo1e

Registered
The jagging video is not as bad if I set video output to 1080i 60hz. But still there. If I set video output to 576p the problem goes away.

bo1e

Registered
There are no hd fta channels on the satelites I have available at the moment, so I've only tested encrypted ones. It really does not look like a decrypting issue to me (but what do I know). Like I wrote before, if I change resolution (from 720p to 1080i for instance) it works again for another 5 minutes. And if I set output resolution to 576p it works without any problems.

If I could somehow get the box to flush and restart something(?) every five minutes the problem would (almost kindof) go away. Like change the channel and back again or change the resolution or something else. Just a change in the video to make it last another five minutes. A stupid fix, but since I don't know whats causing it it would be better than nothing. I gets annoying to have to click the remote every five minutes to have a decent picture. Should be possible to automate it somehow.

Another question if anyone has an answer.
When I do a channel search in dgs it only takes like 10 minutes. When I do a channel search in enigma2, it takes over an hour. How come? Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

ipbox9000

Registered
Getting to the END!!!!!

Tried this image, using PGI 1.4 Flash and put AAF on hardrive, took a while to sort out, as I first had to load AAF on flash, then load stock DGS image on flash, then PGI onto Flash, think it is something to do with the disk partitioning, anyway got there in the end. I too have jerky image, but to be honest whatever AAF image I have tried always the same, just much worse on this image. I run the AV setting at 720p 50 Hz, no problem now.
I still think the best setup for these boxes is BMT Yeti in flash and AAF Multimedia 2 on HDD, just about bearable as a second box.

I can't believe these boxes have been so C**P. I have a DM8000 and recently got a VU-Duo last week...... What a difference in performance.

I think the Cube is getting closer to the bin every day.

tonika

Registered
Image recognizes the HDD , but it can not format it. It occurs to me that the HDD is not a mistake moutan

ipbox9000

Registered
The only way I managed to mount the HDD for recording was via telnet commands, create SDA2 partition if not already there on HDD and format it to EXT2. The disk initialize in the main menu does not work when image is on HDD. I have crossepg and recording working fine. But I stand by my initial statement... Put BMT Yeti in flash then AAF MM2 on HDD in SDA2, it may be slightly slower, but is more stable.

chands

Registered
aaf mgcamd problem

i am use this image mgcamd 1.35 but cam conex channl no read conex mean oboo dishtv channl plz help