Tune failed!

Buc61b

Registered
On my dm 800 sim 201 using openpi, the box everyday in 24h loose the signal.

When work its ok but it looks like if the box goes on for to long the signal with soon gone.

I nearly got this box and its very strange,

Any idea what could be the problem...

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
ITS A Cheap CLONE Box or very expensive depends on what way you look at it : )
So when in use for a few hours the Tuner begins to heat up and Fail,Fail,Fail.... "Tune Fail" message will appear on-screen very common fault with those cheap garbage Clone boxes , it never pays to go down the cheap route it will always bite you in the end like it is now .
Eventually Tuner will fail altogether i have dumped many shit clone boxes myself few years ago and never found any to have any sort of long life at all ,
its a tough lesson but that is exactly what happens when you run and buy attractive looking cheap china clones ..there is no solution anyone can give you i'm afraid .

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
I have amiko 8900

Could that tuner work on dm800?
it will not i'm afraid .:(
but you could buy another Sim 201 tuner and get may be a month or two more until the exact same problem begins again :rolleyes:

toysoft

Just do the quick fix of the Tuner, that has (original or clone it's same), after some time (YEARS) the Capacitors that get bad.

Check the 4 big capacitors on motherboard, if they have hills change then and the box will work again for more than 5 year or even 8 as the DM800HDpvr is from 2009.

ptnaik4.jpg

Check also the PSU, as these fail after few years, not giving enough Amp... important to have at least 3 Amp.

If it's the tuner, the J model is the exact replica on the clones of the Original tuner (then a variant is the K, mostly same), that fails due to capacitors, that is fixable. There is a cap to add to get the HD channels working (when you can watch only the SD and not the HD).

3sX9cqL.jpg

Anyway, it's great hardware, as it's fixable, all cheap Enigma2 new boxes now get scrapped as very bad hardware (only ones that are worth are DM and VU), the old DM Original or Clones have great hardware and caps replacement generally fixes all.

TS

On my dm 800 sim 201 using openpi, the box everyday in 24h loose the signal.

When work its ok but it looks like if the box goes on for to long the signal with soon gone.

I nearly got this box and its very strange,

Any idea what could be the problem...

Last edited:

Buc61b

Registered
I understand, I wont replace anything, I have amiko 8900 wich is better box if Choose to replace capacitors. I never used dm before and bought these for couple months thought will work till i buy some 4k box but damn, didnt have luck with this one (I did gamble, boght used). Amiko 8900 worked for years exelent.

Anyway, I will try to use the box with time out since i see it cant hold 24h on. Lets see how he will react from now i will unplug it from power every day for 2-3h and every night till morning :)

Thnx for replay

Ps, I always used to read how dm is good and when i buy this didnt know there are clones also looks like this is the worst version lol

Regards