No Freesat Signal

emerald1

Registered
Hi- hope you can help...just moved til Suffolk and tryin til install new satellite dish.
I just cant get a signal on tv..I am using a sat metre and getting a really strong 'scream' from it...which must mean that I am on the beam...but no signal on tv...am using sky 2 dish and sagemcom freesat receiver --:confused: any clues??..thanks

librariandvb

Donating Member
Hi- hope you can help...just moved til Suffolk and tryin til install new satellite dish.
I just cant get a signal on tv..I am using a sat metre and getting a really strong 'scream' from it...which must mean that I am on the beam...but no signal on tv...am using sky 2 dish and sagemcom freesat receiver --:confused: any clues??..thanks

hi, there are so many satellites close together its difficult to know if you are on the right one, i had terrible trouble finding the right one with one of those cheap signal meters. best thing is to keep trying, look to see if there are any other dishes around you and try to copy the direction and elevation, with slow movements you should eventually get a lock but i dont really trust those meters

good luck