New Technomate TM-9100 linux multimedia center

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
View attachment 4096

from this shop I saw it on:

The TM-9100 is a PVR ready Satellite Receiver that uses a Sharp tuner which is both sensitive and fast, having a low-threshold which enables it to find and capture weak signals.

The booting of the TM-9100 is very fast, taking less than 10 seconds from power OFF. In Standby Mode, when the TM-9100 is turned ON, the booting is instantaneous, taking less than 1 second.

The TM-9100 can be updated via memory card by the 9in1 card reader, being able to upload and download (backup) data, view photos, play music, etc. This can be used simultaneously with the Hard Drive.

It has a built-in fan which is not noisy and is only active when the hard drive overheats.

The TM-9100 is based on Enigma open source and is capable of: Tuxbox project, Telnet, etc.

From technomate official page:

Linux Home Multimedia Center running on Enigma + PVR Ready + 9in1 Memory Card Reader + Ethernet Communication Port + Unlimited Channel Memory + 2x Smart Card Readers + 1x Common Interface (CI)

Specifications:

* Fully DVB compliant
* Linux open source ; Standard Linux API
* Getting various Linux applications
* 252MHz IBM PowerPC Processor (350MIPS)
* Internal Hard Drive (HDD) support for PVR
* Multi-Slot Flash Memory Card: SD, Olympus, Memory Stick, MMC, Smart Media Card etc. supported
* 10/100M Ethernet interface
* 2x Smart card slots
* S/PDIF interface (Optical & Coaxial) for Dolby bit stream out
* Sharp Tuner (2~45 Msps, SCPC scan)
* 1x Common Interface (CI) slot
* Firmware/Software upgrade through: Serial (RS232C), Memory Card, Ethernet & Internet
* Unlimited TV/Radio channel storage
* Very quick channel change time ; < 1 second
* Support multiple LNB switching control (DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2)
* Full automatic satellite/service scan
* Smart Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
* OSD & VBI Teletext
* Variable aspect ratio (4:3, 16:9)
* 24 OSD Language menu
* Programmable event timer
* Subtitle
* Parental Control
* C & Ku band reception
* Video Out: RGB, CVBS, S-Video & YPbPr selectable

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
looks like technomate have come up trumps with this 1, its apparently compatble with dreambox 7000 images cams etc and cheaper than the DM500.

i asked this question on another board

can it use the same emu's like CCcam etc, a couple of friends are looking to get dreamboxes but if these do the same as a dreambox and will do the same job, i will advise them to get this technomate, its cheaper than the dreambox DM500 and it wont be fake.

Answer

yes...All cams are available....had a some what excited Jaff confirming all the above last night....basiclly it seems that, this unit can do everything a Dreambox does, with a few more options...ie different memory medias, better tuners ect

thanks to basil for confirming this

looks like i'm gonna get 1 aswell

Last edited:

marra

Registered
hi, this is the 2nd reciever ive bought and so far its great i would advise anyone looking for a linux box to get one i read a comparison on another forum between the 9100 and db7020 and the tm matched the dreambox in all places and won only on the price so its the same box (+ few extras) for less, no brainer

HaCKaMaC

Registered
I've been testing it with DSteam image for a few weeks now. I'm not that impressed. Very unstable compared to my 7020. I hope it's just a software problem though. I'll try out some other images.
The Sharp tuner is very sharp though, he he...:D

HaCKaMaC

Registered
Testet the Juliet009 image for some days now. Looks much better. It actually seems stable, but I miss the options available in the DSteam Image. Still some way to go to match the dream...

robina

Registered
to me if i use the tm 9100 just like normal as reading cards or decoding some channels it works fine and even better than my dream box (dm 500) for further functiuon like cs, i haven't tested

HaCKaMaC

Registered
Working fine for CS. Gxxx seems to use the readers well, but other emus (eg NewCS and CCcam) have problem with certain cards mostly on upper reader, sometimes on both.

Btw. Running UR 010 Beta4 in flash and UR 010 Beta4/DS 3.3 on SD by now. Like the UR.