Wetekplay and dm 8000

anwar saheb

Registered
Hello mates
Could you tell me why have cuts in all images for wetek but no cuts in dreambox 8000 with the same client line????
Please comment
Thanks

toysoft

Probably the worst source of information is the seller of the product ;o)

But definitely I discussed with teams developing images for it, and that box was and is the worst nightmare they had compared with all other boxes, because of bugs in hardware that they have big problems to solve... and this is not the case of the DM boxes that run smoothly.

TS

thank you,but wetek team say it is NOT buggy??????????????

anwar saheb

Registered
Thank you so much for your comments. Will the new wetekplay2s be better,as they say?which in your opinion has android, enigma2 systems??

toysoft

I don't know, if someone can give more details I hope it can help you, but personally I was informed only about what I wrote here. Hope someone else can help you.

TS

toysoft

As I wrote "I was informed by someone who develops imagines Enigma2 that was ported to Wetek", so yes I don't have and don't want one knowing the hardware bugs that are not fixable and create big problems to the software porting. Hardware bugs that will never be possible to fix. So for me it's useless hardware.

I think to have development experience feedback is even better than just being a simple user that doesn't see how things work, and just uses it. The simple user will discover that much later (too late) than software/image developers.

TS

U dont have wetek and not used tested at all and u informed very funny :)

I have one and it does't have cuts

Works 24/7 and with streaming client...

So... no buggy ;)

getover2001

Registered
It's normal when a product wasn't designed to be used with E2... so nothing new on that.

I would like to see those mips processors on openelec or Android...

cata2ca

Donating Member
Finally I got my Wetek with ATSC tuner.

Getting OTA channels was fast quality is very good, image is crystal clear at 20% signal compared with 40% on regular Vizio 55" tv tuner.

For now I was able to test Openpli and PBnigma.
My intention was to use it with internal ATSC tuner and USB DVB-S/S2 gp8psk tuner.
Note - I own and use dreambox since 500-s was available ending with queen dm8000.

First surprise was that will not detect a usb dvb-s/s2 tuner when ATSC was installed in the slot - kind of error you get with some non original tuners and sam cards.

Drivers need some work, I could not get signal from my tuner, even it got registered. Can be new kernel too
More testing is needed, and lots of fixes are on the way as per authors.

The biggest surprise was PBnigma image, has kodi built in, Openelec flavor I think.

So if you like your E2 app you run for years on your box like TSMedia, IPTVplayer....etc and with a remote click to jump ito kodi, this is the way.

New boot-loader allow dual boot selection controlled by remote, easy way to switch between mSD and nand image.

To make it clear I wouldn't replace my dm8000 with this box yet but Wetek box has potential and the approach is interesting.

I will review other E2 images and will let you know if I find interesting stuff

Last edited:

cata2ca

Donating Member
Sorry for a small confusion
Pbnigma kodi looks like openelec but is baked in house, is compiled by team. Sometimes some apps see box as rasbery py

Another interesting stuff I noticed that works - play sopcast links on click.
I could only do thid in kodibuntu, kodi launched from lubuntu with sopcast for linux window already opened.

Last edited: