is it worth getting

kiwiz

Registered
guys is wetek really a good box? i have vu zero so is it a good idea to get one of these boxes

getover2001

Registered
I'm using one wetek with openelec and tvheadend, and i couldn't be more satisfied.

its a box with a lot of possibilities.

MultiSpec

Registered
very nice device with twin tuner DVB-S2 which cost less than any other receiver on market and offer a lot of different things such as android openelec and pure linux

cupof

Registered
friend of mine had one
he said its a pile of cack

something always needs fixing

sold it

lol

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
friend of mine had one
he said its a pile of cack

something always needs fixing

sold it

lol

that must have been before the enigma2 image was released then,its totally different ball game now and the openATV image is getting better by the day

djheaven

Registered
I dont need to fix anything. Box are running all day. And have no problem. So, if anyone are thinking of getitng this box. Go and get it. It's a funny little box. :)

fankoosh

Super Moderator
i need a feedback of those who installed enigma2 openatv5.0 beta version released 21 june for wetek , is box is running ok ? iptv working well? can u use c/s ok? can u play all media HD format video? any issue so far for the current enigma2 beta ?

i am reading these feedback from user in wetek site , but cannot be sure every thing ok for the time being

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Oscam works fine

Video recording and playback are not yet working under the latest nightly build.Also only one tuner is available at the moment.

OpenATV is really early in it development but it improves daily.

Take it from me this box will very shortly be the box ill use the most, if they make a multiboot menu to go from Android to OpenElec or Enigma2 what more could you want.

Support is growing with Pbnigma one of the other Open groups whos name escapes me all developing images.

Im impressed.

berjamoi

Registered
Crap - full of bugs. As soon as I switched it on I had problems. Not big like - Will not turn on, but little annoying shit like "Audio muting when switching channels, No channels message and black screen after being on for a few minutes. No fix from the factory on this so I got me another Android box from Aliexpress - what a difference. No such aggravating as described earlier.

skogly

Registered
Crap - full of bugs. As soon as I switched it on I had problems. Not big like - Will not turn on, but little annoying shit like "Audio muting when switching channels, No channels message and black screen after being on for a few minutes. No fix from the factory on this so I got me another Android box from Aliexpress - what a difference. No such aggravating as described earlier.

I agree with you, Crap.

mach73

Registered
Crap :) wetek is the best droid openelec and e2 receiver all in one receiver at that price u cant use it thats all :)

Last edited:

getover2001

Registered
I agree with mach73

For me is one of the best price/combinations i ever bought

Always learning new things, exploring addons and stuff like that

Amazing box!

And i'm eager to buy one more Core, but it seems that a new device is on the way

wetek streamer, i saw it on a French reseller

its no powerful as core, but the price is still very good

Q-bOxHd

Registered
i think all people here that say it is crap, either have another agenda or they just do not know how to make the Wetek work.

i have tested so many different android boxes that have just been bad, but with some knowledge they do whet they say, but Wetek has been the first box ever to have such good support.

I run the box with Android on daily basic, but have tested the laka tv, openelec, , enigma2, and i cant fault the box.

Android works just perfect for me, nothing that i am missing

Openelec works allso perfect

Enigma2 works good , not perfect but very good, my bigest problem is the remonte controll, i use openatv but have not updated to lates releases. all in all works very good.

few of my friends have buy this box and we are all happy :)

i will recommend this to anyone, but as long as you know what you do :)

berjamoi

Registered
Just go their forum and you will see what I mean. I am sure there are boxes out there that do not have problems but the problems I had I did not expect from a new unit.

getover2001

Registered
the forum is a community to help each other.

If they didn't have a forum, you'll get help from the support team by email.

And most of the topics on the forum are from a bad setup or because this is new for most of the users...

i had my issues on the beginning, but after i learned, it's perfect

berjamoi

Registered
Ok - fair enough. I will keep it in the box for a while - maybe after a few updates the bugs will be gone. It´s probably a software issue. The hardware might be good.