Best HD box for non-tech person

ebyard

Registered
Hi

A German friend of mine living in the UK, wants a cheap, easy to use HD sat box to watch FTA German TV from 19E.

Can anyone recommend a box with a nice (modern) user interface that's easy to setup? It will be on a fixed dish.

I have a TM5042 Mk3 but its user interface is a car crash, so won't recommend that despite it being an excellent box..

Many Thanks
Ed

manic01

Super VIP
TM5402 is about the easiest receiver to use, if you find that difficult then I don't know any simpler receiver on the market tbh.

Last edited:

keano16

Donating Member
I understand where Ed is coming from. My misses even after all these years of me messing with different sat receivers she still cant grasp any of them.
The one she can work is the one you would'nt expect and that is the linux engima 2 receivers, this is due to the autobouquets feature that puts all the channels in the right place.

I think you might be better looking at that well known auction site but the German version for a second hand sky German box or a Humax.
I have just had a quick look and seen a couple.

aerosmith

Registered
I have to agree with manic on the fact the tm 5402 is quite user friendly. For some people a new piece of equipment leads them into putting a wall between themselves and the equipment. Nobody gives anything any time!

manic01

Super VIP
Hi

A German friend of mine living in the UK, wants a cheap, easy to use HD sat box to watch FTA German TV from 19E.

Can anyone recommend a box with a nice (modern) user interface that's easy to setup? It will be on a fixed dish.

I have a TM5042 Mk3 but its user interface is a car crash, so won't recommend that despite it being an excellent box..

Many Thanks
Ed
Just to add, you can shortcut (assign functions) to the remote buttons on the M3 as well