Motor HH390: problems to western sats.

arco

Registered
I have mounted a Clarke Tech HH390 motor with a 80 cm offset dish. I receive from 53.0°E Express AM22 to 7.0°E Eutelsat W3A very well, but from 4.8 E to 45 W no signal.
If I raise a little the elevation of the dish, I see perfectly the Western satellites, but I lose the Eastern. I checked the perpendicularity of the tube, the declination and latitude, all ok. What to do?

alfred_1

Registered
Tell you what bring the Dish to Hotbird make sure that the dish elevation on that sat is set perfectly than I think in your case what you have to do is move the Motor very slightly, perhaps two millimeters on the Pole together with the dish to the West (to your right if you are behind the Dish, But first mark the position of the brackets on the pole so that you will always now where you were beforehand. Do not unscrew the Motor nuts too much just enough that you can turn it by pushing slightly the dish.Afterwards tighten again the nuts and check your westward Sats. You might have to do it again until you have all Sats (E or W) correct.

aerosmith

Registered
Make sure you set your elevation correctly for your ref. sat depending where you are. Max this and with a little tweaking of your dish all should be fine.

freccia1

Registered
I had the same problem myself when I installed the motorised dish. It was the mounting on the wall. It must be vertical 100% north south east west. If not, you will start loosing either east or west, depending on the tilt.