Ferguson Ariva 4K Discussion!

Dave5118

Feed Hunter
Does the MCAS include Biss, powervu and Tandberg by any chance? :D

Well, to answer my own question :rolleyes:
Biss and Tandberg work ok through Oscam. Not got Powervu to work yet, but think that may be due to lack of knowledge of Oscam by me tbh.

Overall it's a pretty decent receiver, only seen one 4k feed so far(BT Sport), and that was plagued by an A/V sync issue whereas there was a pause every minute or so, while the audio caught up. Hopefully, that may be fixed in a future firmware update.

Blindscan, seems to do a decent job, but lacks any 'parameter' adjustments to make it worthwhile for feed hunting really.

Only had it a couple of days, so a bit early to judge, but I like it so far.

Janro

Registered
How to manage cardreaders

I have been running Ariva 200-202-203 for the last five years.
All of them are very easy to connect to an Oscam server.
It is just to open the setuppage for newcamd client and fill in the nescessary information.

With Ariva 4K combo it is a little bit different. I know that many people in this forum are very familiar with OSCAM but perhapes not everyone.

I want to give some advices.

First thing that you have to know is that you should use the webinterface to setup your client. You need to know the IP-adress. You can find it in the Android setup in Ariva 4K.

Use the IP adress followed by :8888 Example 192.168.0.5:8888
Now you will come into the OSCAM webinterface.

Second thing is to set up a reader in OSCAM. The Reader will act as an Oscam Client = Cardreader. Choose Reader in the topline. Add a Reader. You will see some information. There is a pulldown menu with the label protocol. Use the protocol Newcamd. Now I must say that you can not use the built in web-browser in Ariva 4K. It is not able to use the pulldownmenu. Use Firefox in your computer instead, or some other browser.

Third thing. When you should choose Device, which i similar to Oscam-server, you have to set the IP-adress for the Oscam-server followed by a"," and after that, the port adress. Example 192.168.0.59,7000

Fourth ting. On the bottom of the setup-page under Reader specific settings for protocol newcamd, you have to include Username, password and Key.
Key is usually = 0102030405060708091011121314

Fifth thing. Save the settings and choose Restart in the topline menu. There will come up a new page. Choose Restart again. Do not choose Shutdown.

Last Thing. I have found that after a powerloss, it is not always the newcamd-client establish a communication with the Oscam-server. In this case repeat Step five after the 4K has started up.

linch

Registered
It is just to open the setuppage for newcamd client and fill in the nescessary information.

With Ariva 4K combo it is a little bit different. I know that many people in this forum are very familiar with OSCAM but perhapes not everyone.

First thing that you have to know is that you should use the webinterface to setup your client. You need to know the IP-adress. You can find it in the Android setup in Ariva 4K.

Second thing is to set up a reader in OSCAM. The Reader will act as an Oscam Client = Cardreader. Choose Reader in the topline. Add a Reader. You will see some information. There is a pulldown menu with the label protocol. Use the protocol Newcamd. Now I must say that you can not use the built in web-browser in Ariva 4K. It is not able to use the pulldownmenu. Use Firefox in your computer instead, or some other browser.

Third thing. When you should choose Device, which i similar to Oscam-server, you have to set the IP-adress for the Oscam-server followed by a"," and after that, the port adress. Example 192.168.0.59,7000

Fourth ting. On the bottom of the setup-page under Reader specific settings for protocol newcamd, you have to include Username, password and Key.

Fifth thing. Save the settings and choose Restart in the topline menu. There will come up a new page. Choose Restart again. Do not choose Shutdown.

Last Thing. I have found that after a powerloss, it is not always the newcamd-client establish a communication with the Oscam-server. In this case repeat Step five after the 4K has started up.

so...oscam dvbapi for ferguson 4k not working properly...the source made by ferguson are closed and no possible try different version.
I have another android box with same problem of ferguson after 11110 revision but compiling a previous oscam version now i not have problem with it.
My ferguson 4k from two weeks rests into your beautiful package.:D

Janro

Registered
Setup client in Ariva 4K

To setup a client in Oscam = Cardreader I suggest that the following fields should be used:

Description: Any Name
Example: Oscamreader

Enable:
Example: Mark the square

Device: IP-adress and port.
Example: 192.168.0.5,7000

Group: Number of a Group.
Example: 1 (Check it in server)

Loadbalance weight
Example 100

Caid
Example 0B00

Reader specific settings for protocol newcamd

User:
Example Joker Use your own

Password:
Example Forgetit Use your own

Key:
Is always 0102030405060708091011121314

Connect on init:
Example Mark the square

Inactivity timeout:
Example 120 s

pgxx

Registered
1) Open Vhannibal list with DreamSet
2) Go to "Edit Settings" and search "Terrestrial" in "Satellite" menu
3) Delete it by the red cross (selecting it in the list that will appear)
4) Save the list in an empty folder in Enigma2v4 format
5) Load it from DTV Setting-Load E2 DB

Tested and 100% working ;)

vladanet

Registered
Hi.
Thanks
It worked,but there is some problems with HD marks on HD channels.
I found thet imported vhannibal list do not have UHD fav sorted via satellites like it is on enigma boxes,i have one UHD list ,where are missing UHD from Astra and some other satellites.
It is not 100% compatibile with ferguson,but i think thet vhannibal HD Fav works fine ,and it is most important to me.
I will see how to get 90-100% compatibility.

Last edited:

vladanet

Registered

This is only if someone want newcamd protocol,or Ariva 4k combo works best via newcamd?

vladanet

Registered
1) Open Vhannibal list with DreamSet
2) Go to "Edit Settings" and search "Terrestrial" in "Satellite" menu
3) Delete it by the red cross (selecting it in the list that will appear)
4) Save the list in an empty folder in Enigma2v4 format
5) Load it from DTV Setting-Load E2 DB

Tested and 100% working ;)
I have found where is the problem ,if 4k channels from vhannibal list want to show in ariva 4k,or maybe some other channels.
For 4k channels,most of them in vhannibal list are data channels,not TV channels.Solution is just to go at the left side of dream set and to find data channels list.
Just click on the data channels, and in the service properties make field- type- to be number 1,it is mark for TV channels and save.
For all other channels which do not show in the ariva tv list ,put number 1,save list and load in to ferguson.