BIOS NO CA FOUND - (another one)

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
right I have just installed the above driver
after installing the driver mine gave me COM 7 as the virtual port.

connect both cables the usb and the network cable.

then download this version of sunrayflashup http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=841002&postcount=22
open flashup and tick use network as well, now click on connect then switch on the box at the back.

it should now connect and you should see sim 2.0.1 on your LED screen on the receiver and NO CA , switch it off then back on and look at the led it should go into serial mode and show an ip.

put that ip into your browser and you should be able to flash it now

parkster

Registered
Ok

I've done all you suggested. I've installed that other driver, I've tried using Sunray Flashup, I've tried switching it off/on twice after pressing CONNECT. I've also tried the same with DreamUP (because its A8P sim) and Optiflash. No luck.

I don't think there's a problem with the driver because it makes a noise as soon as USB inserted to say connected, and it connects fine to my other DM800SE boxes (also with A8P sim).

The COM port is COM3 with the broken box, with my other (working) box it uses COM4, but I don't think these numbers are of any significance.

I've previously had problems writing to this box using DreamUP and had to use optiflash, but I've never been unable to connect full stop.

Unless you have any other ideas, tomorrow I'll try it on a different PC and I'll also swop the SIM. If a new SIM fixes it happy days, not much £ for a new SIM.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
I flashed a wrong image on my DM800SE A8P so I got a NO CA ERROR and done the above, the only thing I never put in that post is that I disabled my Norton Anti Virus and it worked no probs

I also switch my box on an off a couple of times so I seen installing new driver for the receiver before I opened dream up

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
mate just one more thing before I got to bed is uninstall the driver from pc and reinstall it and don't plug the box in with the power on just put the usb cable in first and see if it gives it a different com port

parkster

Registered
Update..

The problem is nothing to do with the SIM card - swopped with another sim and it does the same.

The problem is nothing to do with my PC/usb/drivers etc.

The problem started when my dad did the "software updates". It didn't crash whilst installing the update, but on reboot it crashed halfway through loading the image (yellow bar gets half way - stuck on the loading screen). My friend had exactly the same problem, must have been one of those "bad updates" that they warn you about on openpli website. I fixed my friend's box no problem, by booting to IP and flashing the image.

On my dad's box, however, by the time I got to it it would NOT even try to load the image - it doesn't get past "BIOS NO CA FOUND". I must have turned the box on/off at least 50 times and it neither attempts to load the image or connects with my PC.

Amazingly, this evening, I turned it on and it did NOT give the "BIOS NO CA FOUND" message. Instead it tried to load the image and got stuck half way (as it did originally). I restarted the box and tried to enter boot mode but, as luck would have it, it has gone back to how it was - "BIOS NO CA FOUND", which once again I get regardless of whether I leave it to boot the image or try to enter boot mode.

Now, I had this problem on this box a year ago. I came to the conclusion that when it "heats up" it doesn't boot the SIM, because it would do this even when you do a RESTART in the middle of the day. If I left it for a few hours, all of a sudden it would load the image. The problem seemed to go away completely and has been fine for about a year but, all of a sudden, this problem has now come back. Only, now it's come back with a vengeance because even after leaving it a few hours it doesn't necessarily fix it.

I'm going to turn it on every day after a long cool down, but each time I'm going to make sure my finger is on the BOOT button so that I don't miss my chance. If I can get another window of opportunity to flash the image maybe, as illogical as it may seem, it will stop doing the "BIOS NO CA FOUND" thing for another year...

Last edited:

toysoft

Use JapharFlasher to repair your box,¨

Download LINK :
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!7c4RDSBR!tHuDF-84p1L_VYcCLK2FMiZauIQTBL9uQievaNpLq4U

TS

ubbthreads.php

luigi86

Registered
I have this problem:

959278nocaimage2ndfailed.jpg

sometimes the image loads me and sometimes this error comes out and when the receiver is already hot the black screen and does not load the image.

thanks anyway for the help.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I have this problem:

959278nocaimage2ndfailed.jpg

sometimes the image loads me and sometimes this error comes out and when the receiver is already hot the black screen and does not load the image.

thanks anyway for the help.

So it can boot to image then fail another time with the ca error ?

I would start by carefully removing the sim cleaning it and replacing it try again see how it goes.

luigi86

Registered
OK,the sim already made cleaning and still with the same error.

I have another DM 800 HD SE running properly I will test the sim of this receiver if it continues giving the same problem.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
It other sim gives same result you may have a dry solder joint on sim card socket check that.

luigi86

Registered
when I start the dreamup it does not load into the flash memory

2prblva.jpg

I'll look at the welds on the sim but I do not see anything at the moment.

luigi86

Registered
change the sim but nothing the receiver is the same I would say that flash memory is damaged.