CubeRevo with front 88888888888888

racan

Registered
hello all, charging the firm of sifteam enigma2 gave me an error and stayed in the standby 888,888888888888, and does not communicate with anything or nothing comes out usb_upgrade no jtag for this deco or remedy any ???????
ipbox ABCom those dgs not think out or jtag for these decos ??????.

thanks

there is a serial consol output from the rs232 port of the back of the cuberevo....
you can use putty or other serial software to check at poweron and you flash the box...via flashtools

Last edited:

racan

Registered
there is a serial consol output from the rs232 port of the back of the cuberevo....
you can use putty or other serial software to check at poweron and you flash the box...via flashtools

thanks, but no putty by 232 runs in console nothing comes to believe that death is jtag boot for this deco or resurrect ??????

racan

Registered
This is my success story unbricking an IPBox 910HD (CubeRevo mini2 board). This has the STi7109 cut30 CPU. Thanks a lot to YLG80 for making this possible in the first place, without his great work on all this I would still have an IPBox brick laying around!

Tools used:
FT4232H micro module
A couple of Macbook Pro's
UC232 - USB -> serial interface from ATEN (guess the serial ports on the FT4232 coule be used too)
RS232 nullmodem cable
Several wires with single DIL connectors
Bricked IPBox 910HD

Fedora 14 (fully updated)
STLinux 2.4 (fully updated)

To make the FT4232H module into a ST Micro Connect Lite clone and wire it all up, read the great guide here from YLG80.

Now, when everything is wired up and loaded, first off you need a U-Boot ELF file. Either grab some of the precompiled ones from the STLinux 2.3 distro (the 2.4 distro do not have them yet), or compile your own U-Boot files. My receiver did not give out any output from the serial port when I tried the precompiled ones, so I had to compile my own from the U-Boot sources included with the STLinux 2.4 distro. Follow these procedures to avoid files not found errors etc, in terminal:

Code:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
su export PATH=/opt/STM/STLinux-2.4/devkit/sh4/bin:$PATH cd /opt/STM/STLinux-2.4/devkit/sources/u-boot/u-boot-sh4 make distclean make mb442_27_config make
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where mb442_27_config have to match whatever config suits your board best. Look inside the Makefile (scroll down almost at the bottom) to see all SH4 supported boards. I had to do some modifications to the mb442 header file too. The header is found in /opt/STM/STLinux-2.4/devkit/sources/u-boot/u-boot-sh4/include/configs/mb442.h The modifications I had to make to have it working with my board was to make it use UART3 instead of UART2. By default it sends console output to the first serial port, on my board that port is used by the front processor (I believe) and the second port UART3 (/dev/ttyAS1) is the RS232 serial port on the backside of the STB. The other changes I made was changing CFG_SDRAM_SIZE to 0x080000000 (it was 0x040000000) and CFG_MAX_FLASH_SECT to 256 (was 128 I think). I know these changes can actually be added to the Makefile too adding them as parameters to the board config, but I did it the quick way and edited the mb442.h. If the compilation completed successfully you should now have 4 new files in your directory. uboot uboot.bin uboot.map and uboot.srec. The file we want here is uboot, which is the ELF file. To keep things nice and tidy move these files to the ...target/u-boot folder. Code:

mv u-boot* /opt/STM/STLinux-2.4/devkit/sh4/target/boot/u-boot/

open a new tab in your terminal (keeping things tidy, remember?) and: Code:

export PATH=/opt/STM/STLinux-2.4/devkit/sh4/bin:$PATH

Make sure everything is connected as it should be and turn the STB on, then: Code:

st40load_gdb -t STMCLT1000_A:mb442:st40 -b /opt/STM/STLinux-2.4/devkit/sh4/target/boot/u-boot/u-boot

Now you should see some interesting things happening, U-Boot should be loaded into your receivers memory, now just type c to continue and watch the serial console output (you have hopefully hooked up the STB to a serial port running a terminal emulator already). The generic (and stripped I may say) U-Boot that I compiled did not have the network drivers compiled into it that my STB has (RTL8201) so I had to use ymodem to upload a uboot.bin to memory and write that to flash (I made that uboot.bin out from the uboot.img file for my receiver, just remember to remove the header information first, that is how I bricked mine in the first place!) In U-Boot console: Code:

loady (default it loads to 0x84000000, start ymodem upload with your uboot.bin from the terminal emulator) protect off 1:0-2 erase all cp.b 0x84000000 0xA0000000 0x41000 protect on 1:0-2 reset

That is pretty much how I unbricked my STB anyway... took a lot of trial and error to get it all right but hey.. nobody is born with JTAG information already present in the brain right?

racan

Registered
Cuando manual jtag dgstation/ipbox 9000 hd ?????????? Hay muchas personas con el ipbox 9000 hd muerto con lcd en 88888888888888 por favor un jtag ya.

bilboyfrodo

Registered
Que has hecho para que te salga en el lcd 88888888888888 , yo pruebo muchas imaganes en usb y es para que no me pase nunca.

Gracias

racan

Registered
Que has hecho para que te salga en el lcd 88888888888888 , yo pruebo muchas imaganes en usb y es para que no me pase nunca.

Gracias

Pues que me dio un error 09 en la instalacion de sifteam 1.5 y asi se quedo ni hyperterminal ni usb ni nada,porque no sacan un jtag para este deco con los 20 pines que tiene en placa? le interesa al fabricante que se los manden para ellos llevarse unos buenos euros.
Tan dificil no creo que sea para que no lo publiquen.

racan

Registered
English please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I got an error 09 in the installation of 1.5 and so sifteam stayed or hyperterminal or usb or anything, because they do not get a jtag for this deco with 20 pins that have on-board? interests the manufacturer to send them for them to be good euros.
So do not think it difficult not to be published.

racan

Registered
Bueno pues lo e tirado ala basura el ipbox 9000hd cagada,jamas en mi vida comprare la marca ipbox y dgstation,no se puede dejar de lado a sus clientes por un simple jtag.

racan

Registered
Well you and thrown in the trash the 9000HD ipbox shit, never in my life and buy you brand dgstation ipbox, you can not ignore its customers for a simple jtag.