Transpondeur signal DVB-S2 weak onDM8000HD but OK on SagemCom

habib2535

Registered
​Hello

I have an old DM8000HD (7 years +) running under Oscam with last setting vhannibal.

I have observed since a couple of months that i cannot receive anymore some Astra FTA channels such as LCI, TV5 Monde ... all transmitted in DVB-S2 mode . However, i can receive very well other FTAs channels CNN Euronews etc... when transmitted in DVB-S

when i observe the signal of LCI transponder for instance (12207 V 29700) the SNR level is lower than 30% and my DM couldn't lock the signal ! I tested this on both tuners of my DM8000HD ... same problem

Now i bought yesterday a cheap other receiver (SaghemCom Canal Ready) and i can receive LCI and all other channels with no problem and with same dish/lnb/cable installation (the signal strength is shown with a very good quality)

I do not understand this change of behaviour that apparently happens on DVB-S2 transmissions only.

Is it a tuner issue ? Anyone has an opinion ?

habib2535

Registered
I found the issue !

vhannibal setting is not adapted to my device - a MANUAL full satellite re-scan solved my problem. Nothing to do with the dish or LNB or any other harware issue. i spend hours adjusting my dish ... all useless

Hope iy helps other users of flashing blindly vhannibal settings