plz see this pic

4%202%202.bmp

but 4:2:2 not working
why
??!!!

serkanguzel

Registered
Yes. For "all 4K receivers" possible.

Because, 4K chipsets is able to handle the video density.

Of course, certain conditions must be satisfied also.

- "Processor root software" should support.( For Mut@nt HD51, Boradcom BCM7251 )

- Mut@nt's enigma2 software should support.

Ok.

maxilive

Registered
Good news,
but I doubt, the only receivers I see able to do that was Azbox with chipset SIGMA and only MPEG2 4:2:2 and MPEG4 4:2:0

Gammal Gubbe

Registered
Does anyone know if there is app for Videostrong K2 Pro receiver to watch 4:2:2 channels? It is equipped with Amlogic S905 chip. The DVB-S2 tuner supports 4K, Newcamd, Cccam and Biss and also has blind scan. Android 5.1.1 box and Kodi 16.1.

serkanguzel

Registered
Good news,
but I doubt, the only receivers I see able to do that was Azbox with chipset SIGMA and only MPEG2 4:2:2 and MPEG4 4:2:0

Yes. But, for only "Mpeg2 & 4;2;2" Sigma chipset.

So, sigma chipset, maximum can to handle load 30 Mbit stream.( For Mpeg2 coding... )

But, same chipset, "Mpeg4 & 4;2;2" can't to handle load.

As a result; three conditions must be provided.

1. Processor should be able to transport the video intensity ...

2. "Processor root software" should support.

3. Receiver software should support.

So, For "all 4K receivers" Article 1( 1st ) possible.

If for 2nd and 3rd; If there is support, "Chrome sampling" support will be.

Ok.

Robinson74

Registered
There is a rumour Mutant HD51 might be used to watch 4:2:2. I'm not sure if this is true though.
By the way, there is an almost identical box using a name of AX 4KBOX HD51.
If anyone has one of these two boxes, can you please check 4:2:2 feeds?
Thanks.

michalmichalmichal

Registered
Yes. New for sigma chipset possible. Because, there are "Processor root software" and receiver software support.

Others chipsets; Valid my 47th message conditions.
I cannot find satellite set-top-box with Sigma UHD processor. Does anyone know any ?

I only found Dune HD and Popcorn Hour based on Sigma smp 8758 but they are not satellite receivers.

michalmichalmichal

Registered
What about WeTek PLAY2 4K UHD Mediaplayer mit Sat-Tuner DVB-S / S2 [Android Kodi OpenELEC] HEVC265 ? It sounds interesting. Does anyone know what Quad-core (Amlogic S905H) can do ? I mean if any chance to open 4:2:2 ?

Processor (CPU): Quad-core (Amlogic S905H)
GPU: Mali MP-450 Penta core
RAM Memory: 2 GB DDR III
Flash memory: 8 GB eMMC
Modular Tuners*: DVB-S2 (satellite), DVB-C/T/T2 (cable/terrestrial) and ATSC (North America, South Korea)
Wireless LAN: 802.11 B/G/N
Supported Wi-Fi: 2.4/5 Ghz (AP6330)
Ethernet: 1000 Mbit/s (Gigabit Ethernet)
Bluetooth: 4.0
S PDIF optical out: 1x
HDMI: 1x 2.0
MicroSD: 1x
USB 2.0: 3 External, 2 Internal
Serial Debug: Yes, external
Power socket: DC In

michalmichalmichal

Registered
I cannot edit previous post so I must write another one below.

Wetek Play2 4K is the most powerful UHD set-top-box and if any box can open 4:2:2 today is just Wetek I think.

On Kodi forum user wrote as below so why do not add such software as openelec for Wetek on try open 4:2:2 ? Is it possible ?
Quote:

"Just installed an OpenElec Gotham nightly from here : http://openelec.tv/forum/20-development-...tly-builds

Selecting "Allow frame-multi-threaded decoding" allows me to watch 1080/50i 4:2:2 H264 stuff fine. For some reason sometimes the CPU spread on my i5-3570K seems to vary with files (though all are H264 4:2:2 at roughly the same 34Mbs bitrate) In one case one CPU was at about 60%, the others at around 3-5% (though which CPU was under most load kept changing), whilst with another file it appeared more equally spread at around 15-20% per CPU.

What I have noticed is that I have to force de-interlacing to ON, in AUTO mode it doesn't recognise that the source is interlaced (which it definitely is). I wonder if the interlace/progressive detection is confused by 4:2:2?

(The content is a mix of 25p and 50i native content)

Very happy with this result. Many thanks to the developers for the continual improvement. (Being able to watch 4:2:2 H264 content is a great bonus for me - and I know a few others who will be very grateful to have it. Now if only there was an Open Source Dolby E decoder...)"

maxilive

Registered
Yes. But, for only "Mpeg2 & 4;2;2" Sigma chipset.

So, sigma chipset, maximum can to handle load 30 Mbit stream.( For Mpeg2 coding... )

But, same chipset, "Mpeg4 & 4;2;2" can't to handle load.

No, Azbox ME can handle feeds Mpeg4 4:2:2 with 40 Mbit stream, but only give sound, no image. By streaming with VLC on a desktop, i see the feed without no problem.

serkanguzel

Registered
No, Azbox ME can handle feeds Mpeg4 4:2:2 with 40 Mbit stream, but only give sound, no image. By streaming with VLC on a desktop, i see the feed without no problem.

Yes.

But, Azbox processor; Mpeg4 4;2;2 can not handle. ;)

Video transfer to PC, another issue.

serkanguzel

Registered
I cannot edit previous post so I must write another one below.

Wetek Play2 4K is the most powerful UHD set-top-box and if any box can open 4:2:2 today is just Wetek I think.

On Kodi forum user wrote as below so why do not add such software as openelec for Wetek on try open 4:2:2 ? Is it possible ?
Quote:

"Just installed an OpenElec Gotham nightly from here : http://openelec.tv/forum/20-development-...tly-builds

Selecting "Allow frame-multi-threaded decoding" allows me to watch 1080/50i 4:2:2 H264 stuff fine. For some reason sometimes the CPU spread on my i5-3570K seems to vary with files (though all are H264 4:2:2 at roughly the same 34Mbs bitrate) In one case one CPU was at about 60%, the others at around 3-5% (though which CPU was under most load kept changing), whilst with another file it appeared more equally spread at around 15-20% per CPU.

What I have noticed is that I have to force de-interlacing to ON, in AUTO mode it doesn't recognise that the source is interlaced (which it definitely is). I wonder if the interlace/progressive detection is confused by 4:2:2?

(The content is a mix of 25p and 50i native content)

Very happy with this result. Many thanks to the developers for the continual improvement. (Being able to watch 4:2:2 H264 content is a great bonus for me - and I know a few others who will be very grateful to have it. Now if only there was an Open Source Dolby E decoder...)"

Congratulations for android device, your studies.

But, android devices not comfortable. For feed hunters.

michalmichalmichal

Registered
Never mind that Android devices are not comfortable for Feedhunters , I just want it to play 4:2:2 and for feed hunting I have dr.hd and TBS cards.

By the way, the funny thing is that Wetek Play2 has exactly the same remote control as Azbox ME ! Is that funny ? Wetek costs 139 Euro.

Last edited:

maxilive

Registered
Yes.

But, Azbox processor; Mpeg4 4;2;2 can not handle. ;)

Video transfer to PC, another issue.

Yes, is the only...:(

All supported for Azbox ME...

•DVB-S QPSK 4.2.0 MPEG2

•DVB-S QPSK 4.2.0 MPEG4

•DVB-S QPSK 4.2.2 MPEG2

•DVB-S2 QPSK 4.2.0 MPEG2

•DVB-S2 QPSK 4.2.0 MPEG4

•DVB-S2 QPSK 4.2.2 MPEG2

•DVB-S2 8PSK 4.2.0 MPEG2

•DVB-S2 8PSK 4.2.0 MPEG4

•DVB-S2 8PSK 4.2.2 MPEG2

maxilive

Registered
I do not understand why there is no manufacturer of E2 Boxs who bet on it, would be a success in sales...

Last edited: