connecting TM9100 to pc on ethernet card only for TM 9100

Status
Not open for further replies.

satelliteman

Registered
Ok guys I can see a few people including me had problems connecting tm9100 to ethernet port on pc..the pc mainly connect wirelessly to internet thru wireless adaptor...I will try to make it as simple as i can as i know HOW FRUSTRATING it was for me to work on this problem..

1- You need a CROSS OVER cable to connect both ethernet ports on your stb and pc (of course you need ethernet card on your pc)

2- You need to configure your netowrk so that your pc becomes the gateway for others to connect ,in this instance we are talking about tm9100--first go to My Network Places then on your left hand panel press on setup home or small office network ,click Next twice until you have three options..choose first option where it says This computer connect directly to internet ,other computer connect to internet thru this computer then click next..now you will get an option to choose you network connection of course choose Wireless network connection(if you have oly wireless connection on your pc this will be highlighted first )...press Next and then you will be prompted to networks that connect this computer to other networks...tick your ethernet card that will be connecting your cross over cable to the stb...press on next 3 times..unless you know what you are doing to specify your computer name or if you want file and printer sharing enabled..this is all up to you to choose..clcik next then ..a message indicating settings are being updated on your pc..wait until it finishes and then you will be asked what do you want to do ...just choose last option(just finish the wizard) click on Next and then finish!

3- try to disable your windows firewall at this moment ...go back to your Network connection and click on youe ethernet connection and right click and choose properties ,highlight Internet Protocol(tcp/ip) and then press on properties under it ..Click on Use the following Ip address and enter these values :

IP address :192.168.0.1
Subnest Mask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway: leave empty

click on ok

Now go to your network connection and click on your wireless network connection connection ...right click on it and then click on advanced tab...when you see in the middle of the box ..

Internet Connection Sharing tick the Allow other networks to use this connection and choose the name of your ethernet connection (default is Local Area Connection )

now a message will appear that the new ip address for the ethernet will be 192.168.0.1..just say ok...

Now you are set from your PC side...

Go to your STB.....Expert setup and communication setup..untick DHCP change the info there like this

IP : 192.168.0.2 (or you enter what ever a value other than 192.168.0.1)
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Type :LAN
Namesserver :192.168.0.1 (should be the same as your ethernet ip address)
Gateway: 192.168.0.1

NEtwork enable(tick this box) port : 80

then press save...go to reboot and reboot your STB...

when it restart ..then connection will be established ...on your computer and stb...

go to DCC(dreamboxcontrol center)...choose crossover connection and enter manually your box ip ( in this case 192.168.0.2 and press reconnect)

change password to admin if you are using 006...and voialla this should sort this long painfull process

all the best hope this will help alot of people in my situation...

Ollie and timo if you can update the Lan networking guide to reflect this situation ..it mainly describe the connection to a router not to a crossover link..or make it availabe for everyone so they can benefit from it and save headache and time..

all the best ..

Status
Not open for further replies.