Crazyscan and ProgDVB

Owen123

Donating Member
Good Morning All,

I would very much appreciate any help that anyone can provide to two questions I have.
I am relatively new to the world of satellite, so forgive me if these seem very basic questions

Following the advice on here, I now have now decided to go the PC route rather than a standalone receiver. I have a 1.2m Channel master and a TBS6903 Card in my PC and ProgDVB installed.

1) I have downloaded Crazyscan and this seems to be working OK but once I have left clicked on the frequency plot and it has done a blind scan how do I stream it to ProgDVB?

2) My second question involves Vplug 2.4.6f1 file as I would also like to view 4:2:2 format too. Do I simply download the Rar file to the Crazyscan to a crazy scan folder and decompress? If so, which folder is it please?

I would greatly appreciate any advice
Thanks
Regards
Owen

MickeEst

Registered
You have to select the wanted transponder and stream it to your computer, tcp://127.0.0.1:6969 for example. In ProgDVB you pick it up using the same address.

Crazyscan is not a viewing program and does not care, what format the video or audio is or is it free or encrypted.
vplug is for decrypting the channel. You have to unpack vplug to ProgDVB's plugins folder. And You have to have correct and valid key for desired channel to decrypt it.

Owen123

Donating Member
First of all thank you to MickeEst and OpenFox for their offer of help.
I was able to achieve what I was trying to do by using CrazyScan and TSreader (not the lite version, as it doesn't not work with CrazyScan)

Thanks again
Regards
Owen