ET4000 not booting up!!!

foxy6800

Registered
ET4000 not booting up!!!
Hi,

I had my Xtrend ET4000 left in deep standby and when i came to turn it on, its not booting up, red and green light on and nothing is happening.
I Left it over night and it was still the same. So the I tried installing a new image, buy following the usual procedure
1- Format USB to FAT32
2- Download image and extract and place et4x00 folder on root of USB.
3- Power off box, (even took power cable out), plug in USB, plug in cable and turn the box on (tried both front and back USB ports)
4- Tried "force" and "noforce" way
nothing else is connected to the box, but it seems that its not booting to recognise the USB and image.
I tried couple of other USB sticks and no joy
Have had this box for about 4 years now, is it time to invest in a new box!? or can someone help me bring this box back to life.

Thanks for your help in advance

darius1

Registered
ET4000 not booting up!!!
Hi,

I had my Xtrend ET4000 left in deep standby and when i came to turn it on, its not booting up, red and green light on and nothing is happening.
I Left it over night and it was still the same. So the I tried installing a new image, buy following the usual procedure
1- Format USB to FAT32
2- Download image and extract and place et4x00 folder on root of USB.
3- Power off box, (even took power cable out), plug in USB, plug in cable and turn the box on (tried both front and back USB ports)
4- Tried "force" and "noforce" way
nothing else is connected to the box, but it seems that its not booting to recognise the USB and image.
I tried couple of other USB sticks and no joy
Have had this box for about 4 years now, is it time to invest in a new box!? or can someone help me bring this box back to life.

Thanks for your help in advance
CHECK IF YOUR POWER SUPPLY IS IN FULL FUNCKTION.
It may be the AC power adabtor is brocken. check whit another AC power.