Is there a good Sky TV Guide for DM8000

hgroth

Registered
Is there a good TV guide for the DM8000 that will give me a 7 day program schedule? What would be the best image to install on the DM8000 that works best on Sky UK?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Crossepg install on all images and will give you a 5-7 day EPG.

What image do you have installed ?

hgroth

Registered
thanks for you fast reply, the box came with the factory image that is installed by Dream MM

hgroth

Registered
I installed crossepg and did the config and download but cannot see epg data or pull up the epg on the DM8000

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
you may have to reboot more than once in order for EPG to install and populate correctly
i know Cross EPG has been working fine on my Dm800SE HD with Edg Nemesis image for over a year now without issues .
good luck : )
-
Barney

hgroth

Registered
Hi,thanks for your help, I rebooted 3 times and also initiated
a data download and it does not work. How would I try to access the guide, I cannot pull it up.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi,thanks for your help, I rebooted 3 times and also initiated
a data download and it does not work. How would I try to access the guide, I cannot pull it up.

What providers have you used and have you configured crossepg to run on usb or HDD ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You use just one and the one that matches your channel settings. Be it 28.2 or 28.4 but not both.

hgroth

Registered
both are part of Sky UK and are the same location that my dish receives. Sky uses multiple satellites at that location and I don't know if I get the correct guide data if I only select one. I initiated a download and didn't see any errors.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Were all in same boat and I use one option in my case my setting are all 28.2.

hgroth

Registered
I don't know which one has the epg data since I like to have the epg for all Sky UK channels that are at that location

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
On a channel press the ok button once maybe twice and the skin should show you.

hgroth

Registered
I don't think it is downloading the data, I tried selecting 28.2 and then just 28.4 but I am not getting any data download. What would be the best image to install for Sky UK, that all I want to use it for.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Make sure on the configuration tab you select yes to all options and you have selected the HDD storage.

Right in open tv select one or the other 28.2 or 28.4 by highlightimg it and then pressing the ok button the yellow button to download it.

Tell me the process it goes through.

hgroth

Registered
reading channels, reading titles, reading summaries and it takes about 10-15 sec. when I check info about database, there is only a total of 66 bytes, so I assume it didn't download anything

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok untick that and go into expdg providers or whatever they call it and try the rytec 28 east download from there

hgroth

Registered
I tried the Rytec BBC UK and it downloaded 14mb data but I still cant get any epg data to display any programming info

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Im wondering if the issue is the factory image.

Have some file at home for you to try ill post them later