DM 8000 . . .

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah it sounds like it is a original to me mate, just enjoy it now.

viasatt

Registered
If you really want to know if it's original or not ,flash latest OE20 image from DMM,it will work only in original dm8000,no chance in clone.You can download it here _http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/2.0.0/images/dm8000/dreambox-image-dm8000-20120829.nfi .Cheers!

kathrein

Registered
hei i have ben send that image and its going well :) so now i mean its ORIGINAL one..

Last edited:

cdr

Registered
is look like your box is origina box as ferret said M8
was worry for you then you can send any original IMAGE you should be ok

toysoft

I have 4 x DM8000 boxes running at home, all clones, all working very well (2 are OLED Orange, 1 x LCD Orange, 1 x OLED White - So who knows, will understand. Only the 1 x LCD failed the PSU, but I have these boxes since now mostly 2.5 years in average, so it was very good buy... and now ONLY CLONES are in production, as DMM failed to source chips for their DM8000).

Cdr, looks like you had a very bad experience, sorry for you, same as I had on my first DM800se (Sim2) that had the smartcard readers not working (some friends had even the motherboard burnt due to the switch on the back), now the Timer is not working (always few hours late, etc). Hopefully I got 2 more DM800se (Ferrari) and Time is working fine, like all other features, as well as the box are really great (as you tell DM800se is good).

TS

P.S: NO CA ERROR = Wrong image loaded. If it appears on an original, means you loaded a clone image and vice versa. This error can appear on CLONES as well as ORIGINALS.

Last edited:

kathrein

Registered
Tanks to all of you Friends.. now is working well
just i wanna ask is it this (Luxsat) site for originals image or Clones..

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Tanks to all of you Friends.. now is working well
just i wanna ask is it this (Luxsat) site for originals image or Clones..

Gets difficult to understand whats is a clone or original image but you should read the text on the image post, if it was to mention Ferrari then it is probably a clone image.

If in doubt make a post about the image someone will know.

ararat

Two hints for clone at a time:
* DM8000 came with Gemini3
* No CA found - after trying to flash
but box may be original despite hints.

Have a look if SIM has loosened. (Usually should be fixed by a drop of glue, if genuine dreambox, but who knows.)

With "No CA found" forget about flashing with WebIf.
Better try latest DreamUp with serial cable.
With DreamUp 1.3.3.9, - if it works, - you can log with telnet. Logfile you could post on manufacturers board and ask if your box maybe clone.

If original DreamUp 1.3.3.9 won´t work and gives you Error message, you´ll need patched Dreamup (DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas).

tomcat415

Donating Member

ararat

Oooops!
Just noticed I missed a whole page when posting post #29 (perhaps misclicked with my mouse) So my answer related to first page of this thread and not second page.
Now I read, your box is running again, so well done:thum:, Ferret:) and Kathrein:).

Yes, when box running ok - genuinedreambox plugin is good way to find out - in CVS it´s always implied by default.
----

Production of dm8000hd has stopped, but at least where I live you can still buy the last originals from stock (Amazon). So not all recently sold new dm8000 boxes must be clones;).

remark: In many cases when you get "No CA found", a wrong image was flashed (e.g. Ferrari on genuine dreambox, or CVS on clone) - except SIM wasn´t correctly in place.
Then "DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas" may help to get correct bootloader back on your box - the one needed for your kind of box (never tried this, but it was reported on german dreambox
board).

Last edited:

kathrein

Registered
My friend wich Oscam i need to install on my DM8000 and enigma DE OS 2.0 that i can watch Polaris,..